Sports Illustarted Sucks

WhiteSoxPride3035

Alright, now this would upset a Sox fan. Im the latest issue of Sport's Illustrated, the writers completely underestimate the Chicago White Sox. For one, the Sox are ranked 7th in the American League, and 15 in the MLB. On top of that, the White Sox are behind the Scrubs.!They say the Blue Jay's will be right behind us in the standings, which I think is ubsurd because the 2003 Jays don't compare to the 2003 Sox! Also, they have Jon Garland ranked behind, yes behind, such pitchers as Darren Dreifort and pitchers that have not even proven themselves to be a starter, such as Danny Graves. I don't know about anyone else, but I think this is an insult to the Chicago White Sox organization and all of its fans.

Who cares about SI's pre-season picks?  Did you see their final four predictions?  We just need to worry about KC next week and Minnie a month or two later.

Okay thats unfair. Picking the final four is absolute luck.

SI has been pretty s***ty the last few years, TSN and ESPN are getting worse too.

One of the reasons why I rarely, if ever, waste money on that "ad rag" SI. It's gonna be really sweet if the White Sox do what we all think they can do this season and shut all these "experts" up.

SI has become the national enquirer of sports rags

And that's being nice. I cancelled my subscription.. they called and offered me a football phone and a sweatshirt to re-new. No kidding.. I told them to shove the phone up their ass. The customer service rep was "appalled" at my suggestion and said "does your husband know you are cancelling this subscription?". went into a fit of laughter and hung up on him.

I have to disagree with everybody hear...SI is still in my opinion the best sports magazine there is. Rick Reilly is the best sports writer in the business. If you buy any national magazine for the purpose of Sox coverage you are an idiot, so don't complain when you feel the sox are getting hosed in SI. The fact is, at SI they have cover everything Nationally and they are going to go on how they feel the chips will fall. If they are high on Mark Prior then they have to pick the cubs. If they tried to please a certain group of fans they would go out of business. I like what the scout said in the scouting report of the cubs, mostly saying they are overrated.

As for their final four picks...they have to go out on a limb or else why even bother doing it. This year they decided to pick the teams that were stacked with Seniors, it didn't work out, but hey thats why you should think for yourself.

In conclusion, I love SI's articles especially the Jack Morris one in this issue. And don't rip on SI for picking the Twins because every national magazine did

No..... alot of the time, they're just disgruntled because they weren't good enough to play the game themselves  

So basically your saying that anybody who doesn't play the game shouldn't have an opinion? Well if that the case shut down this site, because all of us never played the game and we feel that we know enough to disect it...You don't have to play the game, and I doubt there disgruntled, they are probably just like us...baseball fans that know a s***load about the sport

I dont really care what the sports magazines or the so called expert say. The game is played on the field and the SOX themselves will determine the future not what has been said. I heard an announcer once said that baseball is a very unpredictable game. Sometimes the day is a baseball weather and sometimes you'll get a 4 hour rain delay. The ball is actually a round ball, you never know who will end up on top or at the bottom once the ball stops rolling. I just hope its time for the SOX to be on top!!!