Who is going to have a better year Lee or Jimenez?

Chris B

I think both of these guys are going to have great years.

Lee is really evolving into a quality MLB hitter and has always shown power numbers.

D'Angelo, if he can resort to the D'Angelo before the accident will be a great MLB 2B.

I project Lee goes .285 28 HR & 90 RBI

Jimenez .275 12 HR, 65 RBI & 20 SB

Anyone else?

I like those numbers, and if you're right, I would say that bodes well for the Sox's chances this year.

The numbers do look good and I will agree. If the everyday players, like Lee, Rownad, and Jimenez, that do not have a big stature like Ordonez or Thomas do well this season, that will be a big factor in the White Sox making it to the wonderous month of October.

You cant really ask that question. These two players are completely different. Lee is all about power with decent average and Jiminez is about obp and average power. As for who will have a bigger impact, Id say Jiminez. Lee is pretty dependable yet Jiminez is rather umproven so hell need to prove himself and provide us with a good two bagger. Heres a question. Who would replace Jiminez if he fails? Harris? Miles? Graffanino? Id go with Miles. Well, thats kinda cuz if I dont hsc will fry me... ;)

Lee will be lucky not to be traded by July, Jimenez was a nice pickup he will steal 15-20 SB. Sox are willing to listen for offers on LEE, with his salary 4.5 Mil this year he is MAJOR trade bait.Sox want JB in left anyway.

I think both of these guys are going to have great years.

Lee is really evolving into a quality MLB hitter and has always shown power numbers.

D'Angelo, if he can resort to the D'Angelo before the accident will be a great MLB 2B.

I project Lee goes .285 28 HR & 90 RBI

Jimenez .275 12 HR, 65 RBI & 20 SB

Anyone else?

Your numbers look pretty good, as well as semi conservative to me.

I think Lee may have a few more rbi's, otherwise I don't have much disagreement. I'd also say Jimenez has a few less since he's at the top of the lineup.

Lee better have a great year. I drafted him in fanacy baseball this year. Eventhough i think he's an idiot, i just had this feeling he was going to put up good numbers. especially for the price i got him at.  :D

RPS,

Say Carlos has a breakout Maggs-like season, and even wins the World Series MVP award. Does he STILL retain the title of Dumbass Caballo?

Lee better have a great year. I drafted him in fanacy baseball this year. Eventhough i think he's an idiot, i just had this feeling he was going to put up good numbers. especially for the price i got him at.  :D

RPS,

Say Carlos has a breakout Maggs-like season, and even wins the World Series MVP award. Does he STILL retain the title of Dumbass Caballo?

Wow. you are a dreamer. :)

Lee better have a great year. I drafted him in fanacy baseball this year. Eventhough i think he's an idiot, i just had this feeling he was going to put up good numbers. especially for the price i got him at.  :D

RPS,

Wow. you are a dreamer. :)

"You say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one"

Like someone else already pointed out, it's really not a doable comparison to compare Lee and D'Angelo. They are 2 very different players with 2 very different roles.

I think that the most important player for success in '03 is D'Angelo. He's our leadoff guy, and he (along with Jose) will have the task of getting on base for the cavalry behind him. Thomas, Magglio, and Paul are all capable of 110+ RBI, and the first 2 are capable IMO of 150 -- it's just a matter of having the runners on base for them. Lee has the potential of being a very good player (he's already above average IMO), but he's our #6 hitter. Our leadoff guy (Jimenez) having success is much more vital for this team.

I ain't no dreamer!  I'm talkin REALITY here!!!  :headbang

Go Carlos Lee, and Go White Soooooooooooox!

While Heather knows s*** about hockey (but what has she had to work with, not her fault) when it comes to left fielders Heather knows her stuff!

Even year despite myself I become more and more of a CLee fan.

I think he will put up awesome numbers this year, especially after I read in the Trib that Frank is getting CLee into the weight room a lot this spring.

CLee rocks! :headbang

I ain't no dreamer!  I'm talkin REALITY here!!!  :headbang

Go Carlos Lee, and Go White Soooooooooooox!

While Heather knows s*** about hockey (but what has she had to work with, not her fault) when it comes to left fielders Heather knows her stuff!

Even year despite myself I become more and more of a CLee fan.

I think he will put up awesome numbers this year, especially after I read in the Trib that Frank is getting CLee into the weight room a lot this spring.

CLee rocks! :headbang

I was reading an article the other day (not sure if a link to it was posted anywhere on here), but it was about Frank's new attitude and how he's helping some of the guys, especially Carlos. Frank described Carlos as a young Frank, and that he's "stubborn" just like he is. I think that Frank could really be a huge influence on Lee and could help him reach his full potential.

especially after I read in the Trib that Frank is getting CLee into the weight room a lot this spring.

Good. I always liked Lee and his batspeed (in 2000, it was probably in the top 5-7 in the game), though his walks last year came as a TOTAL suprise.

OT: Also, there goes the "work ethic is overrated- these are professionals and they all work equally hard for their living, blablabla" arguement I've heard so much. Folks there is a reason why terms "overachiever" and "underachiever" exist, and Lee, along with Jimenez (and Andre Agassi until he turned 29 in tennis!) have much moe pure talent than they have shown. Alas, as everyone knows, on the highest competitive level that is ML, pure talent is not enough. Not by a long shot. So, I am glad to hear that Borchard has "what is becoming legendary work ethic" and that "Honel is an extreme hard-worker".

Its hard to campare both of them. They do totally different things. D'Angelo's part is to get on base and C-Lee's part is to drive in runs. Who is more important, jimenez, who has a bigger role, Jimenez, who will be better, Carlos.

I was reading an article the other day (not sure if a link to it was posted anywhere on here), but it was about Frank's new attitude and how he's helping some of the guys, especially Carlos.  Frank described Carlos as a young Frank, and that he's "stubborn" just like he is.  I think that Frank could really be a huge influence on Lee and could help him reach his full potential.

same article I read: Tuesday (25 March) sports section, front page, of the Trib, story by Teddy Greenstein.

My question from the article was, when is St. Jos-E6 going to stop talking about his team mates to the press and just play ball? Shut up, Valentin(E6) and just do your job.