Valentin to the Twins?

Sox1422

MOVING ON: Free-agent shortstop Jose Valentin has told the Minnesota Twins he would be interested in joining them, according to a report in the Minneapolis Star Tribune. The Twins lost shortstop Cristian Guzman to free agency this week, but they would be more interested in using Valentin as a designated hitter.

Funniest match up ever... Shingo vs Valentin.

HOLY s***! Id pay money to see that one.

I'll never forget a game against the Rangers I went to back in May. Valentin struck out 4 times in that game and always on the same lame curve ball. In his last at bat I started yelling at him from my box seat....."LAY OFF THE CURVE BALL!" he struck out on the very next pitch.....a lame ass curve ball......everyone around me was laughing their asses off.

It's en vogue to rip Jose right now but he did a lot for us over the years and seems like a terrific person so I hope he ends up in a good situation for him and I think he has a lot to offer. Even with the Twins, I hope Sox fans give him a standing O when he returns

Unless you are a twins fan there is not allot Jose did for us the past 2 years..and should have not had the option picked up for the 04 season.

Well that is your opinion as far as him not doing much. He is a hard-nosed player and never dogs it. Should he have been back in 04? Hindsight tells us it probably wasn't for the best but what were the other options? We had no idea how Uribe would play (he still doesn't have the job). Jose lost us some games with his errors and getting lost at the plate but he also took us on his back and won us games aw well. I just don't know why people can't have a little bit more class and not just throw him under the bus. This town is not only negative but it's vindictive. I am by no means saying he should be back in 05 though.

After his 03 performance, there was no way you bring a guy back for 5 mil a year. And your right we didn't know how Uribe was going to be. But, Orlando Cabera wanted out of Montreal and I don't recall ever hearing our name in the mix.. WHy you ask.. simple KW has a hard -on for players who just like to collect checks and not perform at the Major league level

List

Ritche

Everett

ALomar (both of them)

Wells

Among the names I can think of at the time.

Well I would argue that David Wells and Roberto Alomar have played at the major league level a little bit. It is very fair to look make that list. But, you also have to look at guys like Shingo, Loaiza, Marte, Uribe, and Freddy Garcia as quality guys he got ut. The moral of the story is that being a GM is a hit and miss business, much like the game of baseball itself. Did he let emotions get in the way with Jose? You may be right about that. I think a lot of it had to do with him being a leader on a team that has had a lack of leadership. I think that is one area that KEnny should be willing to overspend in the market for. Bring in a great player who will be the catptain of the ship (besides Ozzie). Miguel Tejada is that type of guy (obviously that train sailed last year).

The same Wells that really helped Buerle get his career going...versus Mike Sirotka who hasn't pitched in the bigs since the trade...HMMMMMMMM

Yes the same guy who said Frank was faking his injury and everyone ripped him for it at the time. Now he is an "okay" guy because he "helped" Buehrle.