ACC basketball question concerning ESPN

Ok would these numbers change your mind?

JJ Redick 197 3's at 39% for his career

Rashad McCants 163 3's at 42%

Every year in the ACC McCants has had a higher 3 point percentage than Redick, but do you ever hear about McCants shooting on ESPN? Rick Majerus actually had Redick as his best 3 point shooter in the entire country, among the list picked over McCants by Lavin and Majerus were McNamara, Steve Novak, Rashad Anderson, JR Giddens, and Travis Diener.

I'm continually amazed by the Duke bias on the ESPN.

Every year in the ACC McCants has had a higher 3 point percentage than Redick, but do you ever hear about McCants shooting on ESPN? Rick Majerus actually had Redick as his best 3 point shooter in the entire country, among the list picked over McCants by Lavin and Majerus were McNamara, Steve Novak, Rashad Anderson, JR Giddens, and Travis Diener.

Yeah, after my post I looked over their numbers, and damn.

You win.

You think the Duke bias is strong?

Trying being a Big 10 fan, they are on every ACC teams dong compared to the Big10.

Going as far to say Deron Williams couldn't make ACC 3rd team.

Mcants is definitely a good 3 point shooter. I still gotta go with Reddick.

Mcants is definitely a good 3 point shooter. I still gotta go with Reddick.

Why? Redick has a worse percentage, and can't create his own shot without a screen. McCants has NBA range on his shots. I honestly would like to know why, not trying to be biased, just sick of the Duke bias.

Believe me I understand the bias towards the ACC also. I can imagine how old it must get, especially from Vitale.

Why? Redick has a worse percentage, and can't create his own shot without a screen. McCants has NBA range on his shots. I honestly would like to know why, not trying to be biased, just sick of the Duke bias.

Believe me I understand the bias towards the ACC also. I can imagine how old it must get, especially from Vitale.

The percentage is not that significant. And Redick does take a lot more 3's. I just think Redick's stroke is a lil more pure. No bias here. I don't care for Duke or Nc.

JJ shoots 2.8 a game while McCants shoots 2.4, McCants doesn't need to shoot as many as JJ because of his all-around game. But I will admit JJ's form is as good as it gets. Just overrated as a shooter and player.

No arguement here. He's not even in the same ballpark as a player. By the way, can you tell me a little bit about Marvin Williams?

Gladly. Marvin was guaranteed to be picked by the Sonics with the 13th pick in the draft this year. They scouted him alot as he played high school ball in Washington. But he turned it down to play at UNC and get an education. He is such a great kid, 3.8 gpa etc.

Now for his game. He is 6'8 220 pounds, people tried to compare him to Luol Deng as a freshmen. But they just aren't the same type of players. Luol had a complete game, not the most athletic player, but could do it all just about. Marvin has similar size, but has better athleticism and much more tenacity. Marvin is the most aggressive player in the ACC, he attacks the basket and rebounds with amazing tenacity. He is skinny and could stand to gain some weight, but he can hit his FT's at a 80% clip, his outside shooting could use some work, but is servicable. He started out slow this year, but now has turned it loose and will likely average about 12 points 7 boards this year as the Heels 6th man spark off the bench.

Oh and he LOVES to dunk on people out of nowhere, he did it to Dwight Howard and Josh Smith at the Mickey D's game, and will posterize some poor guy soon. He needs to gain some weight and work on his outside shooting. Has tons of potential, just not as complete as Luol Deng yet.

Gladly. Marvin was guaranteed to be picked by the Sonics with the 13th pick in the draft this year. They scouted him alot as he played high school ball in Washington. But he turned it down to play at UNC and get an education. He is such a great kid, 3.8 gpa etc.

Now for his game. He is 6'8 220 pounds, people tried to compare him to Luol Deng as a freshmen. But they just aren't the same type of players. Luol had a complete game, not the most athletic player, but could do it all just about. Marvin has similar size, but has better athleticism and much more tenacity. Marvin is the most aggressive player in the ACC, he attacks the basket and rebounds with amazing tenacity. He is skinny and could stand to gain some weight, but he can hit his FT's at a 80% clip, his outside shooting could use some work, but is servicable. He started out slow this year, but now has turned it loose and will likely average about 12 points 7 boards this year as the Heels 6th man spark off the bench.

Oh and he LOVES to dunk on people out of nowhere, he did it to Dwight Howard and Josh Smith at the Mickey D's game, and will posterize some poor guy soon. He needs to gain some weight and work on his outside shooting. Has tons of potential, just not as complete as Luol Deng yet.

Thank you very much.