Shitty Beer Poll

NUKE_CLEVELAND

Which of these is the absolute worst.  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these is the absolute worst.

• Natty Light
    • Milwaukees Best
    • Colt 45
    • Olde English
    • Old Style
    • Pabst Blue Ribbon
    • Write in ( please describe )

If ya don't mind my asking, where in FLA are you?  I spend quite a bit of time down on Sanibel and will be there for Feb/March this year.  I have been looking at opening a high end beer/wine/cheese type store (probably a few years off for now), but have considered FLA.  My fear is that it is just not a mature beer market and it will be much easier to start in Chicago and open other locations if/when it's successful.

I'm in Melbourne, on the east coast about 90 minutes straight across from The Mouse.\

I've fantasized about openinng a brewpub or a beer-themed resturaunt for a long time, but alas I sit on my duff. :angry:

There are maby three top notch brewpubs in the state and several lesser ones, a couple of very successful upscale wine-themed resturaunts (my office mate's Brother owns a good one in Orlando), and a couple of other oases in a sea of mediocrity.

I don't think it's a bad idea to do something in Florida - the upside is you have a lot less competition in those niches. You also have to keep in mind that you don't need to float everybody's boat - just enough to fill your tables and barstools. The places that have closed down have done so either because of poor business management or in the case of a few marginal brewpubs because their beers were subpar or their systems were chronically infected.

When you're down, if you haven't done it already I strongly recommend a road trip up to the Tampa Bay Brewing Company in yBor City. Hands-down the best brewpubb in the state right now - very daring in their offerings and proof that you don't have to appeal to the least common denominator to be successful. (If you put your trip off until May, you can catch the Sox at Tropicana :headbang )

I'm in Melbourne, on the east coast about 90 minutes straight across from The Mouse.\

I've fantasized about openinng a brewpub or a beer-themed resturaunt for a long time, but alas I sit on my duff. :angry:

There are maby three top notch brewpubs in the state and several lesser ones, a couple of very successful upscale wine-themed resturaunts (my office mate's Brother owns a good one in Orlando), and a couple of other oases in a sea of mediocrity.

I don't think it's a bad idea to do something in Florida - the upside is you have a lot less competition in those niches.  You also have to keep in mind that you don't need to float everybody's boat - just enough to fill your tables and barstools.  The places that have closed down have done so either because of poor business management or in the case of a few marginal brewpubs because their beers were subpar or their systems were chronically infected.

When you're down, if you haven't done it already I strongly recommend a road trip up to the Tampa Bay Brewing Company in yBor City.  Hands-down the best brewpubb in the state right now - very daring in their offerings and proof that you don't have to appeal to the least common denominator to be successful.  (If you put your trip off until May, you can catch the Sox at Tropicana :headbang )

I may head back there in May, too. I am between a job in Corporate America and going to Law School, so I have some free time on my hands, which is nice.

I can stand PBR and Old Style. Don't care for either too much but in a pinch they will do. My vote went to natty lite, why ohhh why do frats spend money on this garbage? OH YEA, it's cheap and they can make more money.

As the the best beer I've had, it was when I was in the Czech Republic last summer. Beer cost me less than a soda, a mere 15-30 cents per with massive alchohol content, would so always drank beer but anyways back to what it was, Pilsner Urquell. It was basically straight from the brewery so it was awesome, you can get it here but it doesn't seem the same.. There were also some others but can't remember the names. There was also this stuff that they had that was wine before it was completely ready, holy s*** did that stuff get you wrecked.

I can stand PBR and Old Style.  Don't care for either too much but in a pinch they will do.  My vote went to natty lite, why ohhh why do frats spend money on this garbage?  OH YEA, it's cheap and they can make more money. 

As the the best beer I've had, it was when I was in the Czech Republic last summer.  Beer cost me less than a soda, a mere 15-30 cents per with massive alchohol content, would so always drank beer but anyways back to what it was, Pilsner Urquell.  It was basically straight from the brewery so it was awesome, you can get it here but it doesn't seem the same..  There were also some others but can't remember the names.  There was also this stuff that they had that was wine before it was completely ready, holy s*** did that stuff get you wrecked.

I was a big fan of Czech Budveiser when I was in Prague. So good and it was 25 cents for a half litre. Drinking large amounts of beer there kept me away from Absinthe, which is probly a good thing...

I was a big fan of Czech  Buveiser when I was in Prague.  So good and it was 25 cents for a half litre.  Drinking large amounts of beer there kept me away from Absinthe, which is probly a good thing...

Ahh, the ORIGINAL Budweiser. You can get the samething here but it's under the name of Czechvar and it's tons more expensive. I bought a bottle of absinthe while i was there, didn't like it too much but it does mess you up real fast.

Prague truly is heaven on earth! Such a beautiful city and so much to do and so cheap. I remember we had one mean off the main square about 15 mins walking...we had appetizers, then wild venison, desserts, about 3 litres of beer and 2 bottles of wine between the 2 of us...even after a tip of 10% (noy customary but it was sooo good) it was the equivalent of $18 for two of us. That was when the dollar was strong though, but still...unreal.

Prague truly is heaven on earth!  Such a beautiful city and so much to do and so cheap.  I remember we had one mean off the main square about 15 mins walking...we had appetizers, then wild venison, desserts, about 3 litres of beer and 2 bottles of wine between the 2 of us...even after a tip of 10% (noy customary but it was sooo good) it was the equivalent of $18 for two of us.  That was when the dollar was strong though, but still...unreal.

Absinthe is an altogether different kind of drunk, although legal Absinthe in Prague no longer offers the hallucinogenic effects of the past. It's legal in Europe but only without Wormwood Oil.

The last time I was in Prague, I woke up one morning and couldn't remember what city I was in and who the other guy in my room was at first. All because of five bucks worth of liquor.