Historic WS FA Signings

Texsox

Yeah, but this thread is about FA signings. Not bad trades.

The Sox never really did much in the FA market until the last few years.They are usually too cautious to sign free agents to huge deals. Belle was the only FA where they have splurged.

Navarro was traded for, as were Ritchie and Wells.

Yeah, but this thread is about FA signings. Not bad trades.

The Sox never really did much in the FA market until the last few years.They are usually too cautious to sign free agents to huge deals. Belle was the only FA where they have splurged.

Navarro was traded for, as were Ritchie and Wells.

Navarro was a free agent signing.

My opinion, one of the worst trades of all time, none other than Keith Foulke for Billy Koch! Need I say more

I don't think this trade can be the worst of all time. Yes I do agree that Koch was a waste of space, no doubt there. I do believe the sox wouldn't of been able to resign Foulke. At least we still got Cotts in that deal. The verdict is still out on him but we still have something.

Worst trade of all time has to be the Ritchie trade. We have nothing to show for that.

The Wells for Sikortka trade is a wash. No body made out there.

Best trades...

Lamar Hoyt for Ozzie Guillen.

It was almost like the White Sox knew something about Lamar. It was perfect timing. Hoyt's career was imploding and Ozzie's was just starting.

QUIZ: Who's the White Sox scout who's often given credit for finding Ozzie Guillen?

Worst FA signing in recent White Sox history:

Jose Paniagua :lol:

Worst trade ever:

Believe it or not, the White Flag trade. Keith Foulke and five guys who are no longer in the majors....we could have done so much better, in retrospect. Actually, I think that Bob "Butt" Howry is still on some 40 man roster...I know that he's been injured.

Worst FA signing in recent White Sox history:

Jose Paniagua :lol:

Worst trade ever:

Believe it or not, the White Flag trade.  Keith Foulke and five guys who are no longer in the majors....we could have done so much better, in retrospect.  Actually, I think that Bob "Butt" Howry is still on some 40 man roster...I know that he's been injured.

Howry was lights out for the Tribe the last two months of the year, and resigned there.