Opening Day at KC

Rex Hudler

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1
cali knowing rex as i do.. im sure its not a joke.. and if you have ever seen the operations down in birmingham i can also attest that its very easy to believe that this could happen.........and if rex said it happened i trust him enough to know it did..........just as you all trust me when i say something is gonna happen.......

I can see forgetting hats or gloves, but how in the hell are bats not the first thing on that bus to the airport?

because franks fat ass and his ribs were the first thing on the bus ian........lol :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
because franks fat ass and his ribs were the first thing on the bus ian........lol :D

I guess so.

I wonder if Williams will fly down and call the kid a b**** and tip over the clubhouse table?

omfg lmao.. no all the food is packed up and gone ian so its kinda pointless now............... :D

What kid?  Your lost me Rex.   :huh:

In his 2ND post in this thread, Rex said, "I think there is a 17 yr. old clubhouse helper that feels really bad right now."

Each clubhouse has a manager and then several helpers. In a game with the big league club in town, he will have at least 5 or 6 guys helping him, many are local kids who work for a few bucks plus the opportunity to get some autographs.

I am not sure of the details, but apparently one of the kids was loading all of the stuff on the bus with another new kid when Frank stopped him to ask about the ribs. The kid went to the clubhouse manager and he told them to box it all up, thinking that all the equipment was already taken to the bus. Then as things got busy and the Sox brass was telling them to hurry, they boxed up all of the ribs, got them to the bus and the kid forgot about the bats.

He was probably star struck to a point.

All of this was told to me second-hand, so I am not sure if it is completely true, but it makes sense. The thing I don't understand is that usually the Major League clubs have a equipment manager that travels with them. I am not sure if they had one on this trip or if he went ahead to Chicago.

I guess so.

I wonder if Williams will fly down and call the kid a b**** and tip over the clubhouse table?

KW is prepping one for the White Sox arrival at the Midway Airport FBO on Thursday night :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1

I guess so.

KW is prepping one for the White Sox arrival at the Midway Airport FBO on Thursday night :lol:

you can bet on it.....lol and if i were kw i would put franks ribs first on the buffet........all his damn fault..........i feel bad for the kid.. i hope he learned something and still has a job .............

Holy s***...no wonder why we sucked ass.

Seeing him say "We left our bats at BHam," I thought he was going to like analyze it and give the reason why...you know how they say you forgot your bats at home when you go on the road and score like 5 runs in a series....yeah, that's what I thought he meant.

And then I find out it is the truth. Holy s***.....I don't know if I wanna laugh or cry....but I'll probably laugh.

The Sox were pretty pissed at first, but got over it, thinking they could hit KC pitching with broomsticks.

People, people, people........ Broomsticks? Frank demading ribs? (well maybe that one could happen).

I can't believe you all fell for that.... esp. you HSC.

Happy April Fool's Day from Birmingham!!! :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
The Sox were pretty pissed at first, but got over it, thinking they could hit KC pitching with broomsticks.

People, people, people........    Broomsticks?  Frank demading ribs? (well maybe that one could happen).

I can't believe you all fell for that....  esp. you HSC. 

Happy April Fool's Day from Birmingham!!!    :D

you sir are such dead meat when i see you next time....... i hope you have good insurance................ ;) :headbang ....... good gosh i cant believe i fell for that one...........

Damn it Rex, that sucked horribly. U just got that in in time too. 8 minutes till its the next day.

Damn, you set us up, continuing with the gag, and then bam. Oh well, I hope the Sox read it and are all thinking that they were screwed and they are gonna just come out tomorrow and score 17 runs.

I'll give ya credit though Rex, cause u suckered us good.

It all stemmed from a story I heard one time about a clubby putting an alarm clock in the bat racks in the Barons dugout during a prolonged slump. He set it so that it would go off at 7:00 (gametime) in hopes of waking up the bats.

Not sure if it was even true, but I have heard it a few times. Apparently it was several years ago. I remembered that and just kind of twisted things thinking you guys might get a laugh out of it.

Didn't think that many people would let the "broomsticks" slide past, though. LOL

People, people, people........    Broomsticks?  Frank demading ribs? (well maybe that one could happen).

I can't believe you all fell for that....  esp. you HSC. 

Happy April Fool's Day from Birmingham!!!    :D

oh you so and so. you really had me going. :headbang

that was a great one. :lol:

you know what just dawn on me.

some of the sox and bham players prob have been reading the story and figure what the f %$* is going on. then when they found out are prob falling down laughing at us. now i feel even worst on falling for that.

that has to be the best one i have been a victim of. :lol: