is kendall available??

soxfan420

Beane knew what he was doing with this one. He has about two or three catchers developing in his farm system; now that he was Kendal locked up, he can turn those catchers into whatever he needs via trade in the coming years. This was a good move by Beane and Kendall isn't going anywhere.

whatevr happened to that catcher prospect thats in moneyball the guy with the nickname badger or something.... In the book it said he was ahead of swisher yet i see swisher in the big leagues but no fat catcher

No kidding, that fat catcher was supposed to be the s***. I think he was out of Auburn or Alabama. Anyway, I haven't heard much about him.

:santa

He was out of Alabama. I want to say Jeremy Brown, but I don't remember his name. I read something on Rotoworld not to long back that mentioned him having a good game in winter ball. We have to remember that kid got overhyped in the book to make Beane and co. look better. IMHO any GM could get a book like that, making them seem like God.

What does everyone mean Kendall is locked up. I know the contract he came from the Bucs with, but is there a new contract or what do you guys mean locked up?

He was out of Alabama. I want to say Jeremy Brown, but I don't remember his name. I read something on Rotoworld not to long back that mentioned him having a good game in winter ball. We have to remember that kid got overhyped in the book to make Beane and co. look better. IMHO any GM could get a book like that, making them seem like God.

What does everyone mean Kendall is locked up. I know the contract he came from the Bucs with, but is there a new contract or what do you guys mean locked up?

I think Kendall has another 2-3 years on that fatty contract from Pitt. He's a good player but he's making a ton of money, all things considered.

Plus, good point about the book. I agree, if something is written in a book, people think it has to bee 100% fact. It could happen to anyone.