Peyton Manning

A.J.

I have all the respect in the world for Peyton Manning. He could have went for the record with the game out of reach and let the clock run out instead. Baltimore's defense including Ray Lewis all wished him luck at the end of the game.

Good luck Peyton ! :cheers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know why you guys are hating eli manning unlike most players he spent like 4 or 5 years in college and the only reason he didnt believe in going to the chargers is because his father didnt want him on a losing team his whole career like he was.... if you were a QB on the New Orleans like archie manning was you would be concerned where your son played too... obviously they picked the wrong place in the end lol.

um, would any quarterback in the league have passed in that situation? it was the right move, but let's not pretend like he overstepped his duties here. when you're up 20-10 with a minute left and the other team has no timeouts you kneel on the ball. passing the ball would have been stupid, because if baltimore picks it they all of a sudden have a chance.

um, would any quarterback in the league have passed in that situation?  it was the right move, but let's not pretend like he overstepped his duties here.  when you're up 20-10 with a minute left and the other team has no timeouts you kneel on the ball.  passing the ball would have been stupid, because if baltimore picks it they all of a sudden have a chance.

Let's all remember how much Spiff lovessssssssss Peyton.

um, would any quarterback in the league have passed in that situation?  it was the right move, but let's not pretend like he overstepped his duties here.  when you're up 20-10 with a minute left and the other team has no timeouts you kneel on the ball.  passing the ball would have been stupid, because if baltimore picks it they all of a sudden have a chance.

I think it being a home game plenty of qbs would have went for it.

I think it being a home game plenty of qbs would have went for it.

Well, what I liked too is when they were on like the 3 yard line, he called a running play because the Ravens were playing off the ball. He easily could have called a pass play and tie the record, but he kept true to his word about how he would call the right play, and handed it off.

:notworthy

Well, what I liked too is when they were on like the 3 yard line, he called a running play because the Ravens were playing off the ball. He easily could have called a pass play and tie the record, but he kept true to his word about how he would call the right play, and handed it off.

:notworthy

agreed. This is ONE guy that I know for sure would put winning before everything. Money, records, ect. He has proved over and over what his character is.

No, they wouldn't.  It's basic sportsmanship.  Nobody would have done it.

spiff, maybe. You dont know for sure. This new generation of players; vick, moss, portis, pennington have not been in his sitiuation. Times have changed spiff. Sportsmanship has changed. Just because you have seen class in favre, rice, montana, and marino does not mean it will pass on to this new crop of stars. Manning proved ONCE AGAIN he is a class act. Spiff, face it. We are in the TO era. Players dont just hand it off to the ref anymore.

i dont know why you guys are hating eli manning unlike most players he spent like 4 or 5 years in college and the only reason he didnt believe in going to the chargers is because his father didnt want him on a losing team his whole career like he was.... if you were a QB on the New Orleans like archie manning was you would be concerned where your son played too... obviously they picked the wrong place in the end lol.

Reminds me of that fun game I like to call..."If you could ask a famous person one question, what would it be?"

Because I know who I'd ask and what I'd ask them.

Say, Archie...how many games have the Chargers won?

spiff, maybe. You dont know for sure. This new generation of players; vick, moss, portis, pennington have not been in his sitiuation. Times have changed spiff. Sportsmanship has changed. Just because you have seen class in favre, rice, montana, and marino does not mean it will pass on to this new crop of stars. Manning proved ONCE AGAIN he is a class act.  Spiff, face it. We are in the TO era. Players dont just hand it off to the ref anymore.

Vick would have knelt. Pennington would have knelt. Brady would have knelt. Culpepper would have knelt. McNabb would have knelt. Roethlisberger would have knelt. ITS THE ONLY PLAY.

How soon we forget Peyton throwing on the Texans when he was up 35-10. Yeh he's all class alright.