Contact Eckstein

S720

I can remember my dad and i saw a game the year the Angels won it and we had never even heard of Eckstein. He was doing this fairy-like twirl everytime he ran out to SS before the inning. We made fun of him constantly. God, please let me see that twirl every game.

Honestly, Eckstein is probably the closest thing to Charlie Hustle in the league these days. He has had no choice but to bust his ass due to his size. KW talks about grinders, this guy is the king of grinding. He's chisled through the entire f***ing rock.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1-Eckstein 343 o, 337 s. Nearly all of his ab's are #1. No thank you.

Pods & Uribe will both post a better OPS than that. I am not willing risk him

batting 7-9. I'll pass.

Here's the rest of my X-mas list:

7-Zaun 349 o, 469 s 60% of his ab's

8-Crede 330 o, 503 s 50% of his ab's

9-Cairo 368 o, 436 s Most of his ab's

Zaun is a proven 9 hitter, Crede is a proven 8 hitter, & Cairo is a proven 9 hitter.

To those who want Uribe 9th in the order...why would we want a guy with an OPS of .830 batting 9th, while having guys with OPS of sub .750 and even some cases sub .700?

Is the 9th spot not the spot for your worst hitter?

Best possible lineup for us opening day is...

Pods - LF

Eck - SS

Rowand - CF

Konerko - 1B

Dye - RF

Everett - DH

Uribe - 2B

Crede - 3B

Davis - C

with Rowand moving down to the 6th spot and Thomas returning to the #3 spot when he returns from his injury.

Then again, the possible idea of some type of protection makes sense too.  Have a guy who is a very good threat with the bat hit 9th in Uribe, allowing Crede and Davis to see better pitches perhaps.

I just do not like Uribe hitting 9th...might have something to do with me being a huge fan of Uribe though.  :D

9 hole isnt necessarily for your worst hitter, my friend... reference pretty much all of ozzie's tenure with the sox... he was a number 9 hitter, providing another leadoff type guy right infront of the top of the lineup... speed, contact hitter. More often than not the number 9 hitter doesnt make the 3rd out in an inning ... unless the pitcher is owning the team :bang

9  hole isnt necessarily for your worst hitter, my friend... reference pretty much all of ozzie's tenure with the sox... he was a number 9 hitter, providing another leadoff type guy right infront of the top of the lineup... speed, contact hitter. More often than not the number 9 hitter doesnt make the 3rd out in an inning ... unless the pitcher is owning the team :bang

Horrible example. He was a career .264 hitter with a .287 obp. :puke