New Site Is Up

Molto

hey guys,

the new site is now up.

go to www.soxnet.net and it will be the new site, which is located at http://www.whitesox.theinsiders.com

either way you'll get it there. BTW, because of the move, content can also be seen at Yahoo! Sports, so Cerb, your Minor League Preview can be found there as well.

on another note, some links may not work on the left side or may look weird, we'll get to them ASAP.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys,

the new site is now up.

go to www.soxnet.net and it will be the new site, which is located at http://www.whitesox.theinsiders.com

either way you'll get it there.  BTW, because of the move, content can also be seen at Yahoo! Sports, so Cerb, your Minor League Preview can be found there as well.  

on another note, some links may not work on the left side or may look weird, we'll get to them ASAP.

bah it kind of looks like wsi now :( i have confinence you will improve it though.

another thing you better be getting a percentage from the ticket sales link, if you are not i would be asking questions.

hey guys,

the new site is now up.

either way you'll get it there.  BTW, because of the move, content can also be seen at Yahoo! Sports, so Cerb, your Minor League Preview can be found there as well. 

Oh no!! No good. I have to use quota time to go there. Will this link (I have it favorite placed) continue to work?

well, I looked at both sites right now and it doesn't look much alike, I don't where you got the comparison from.

the layout, in my opinion, isn't has nice as what I had, but this is a completely different program I'm using. I'm gonna try to accomodate all of your suggestions, but I won't be able to improve the design to the point where it will look like the old site. that is downside to this. the plus side is that we'll be able to publish stuff A LOT quicker and easier.

well, I looked at both sites right now and it doesn't look much alike, I don't where you got the comparison from. 

the layout, in my opinion, isn't has nice as what I had, but this is a completely different program I'm using.  I'm gonna try to accomodate all of your suggestions, but I won't be able to improve the design to the point where it will look like the old site.  that is downside to this.  the plus side is that we'll be able to publish stuff A LOT quicker and easier.

ok i lied it doesnt look much like wsi the stories are listed the same way and the adds on the right hand side. with the links on the left looks kind of similar to me, but thus far from seeing what ive seen you guys where better off on your own :(

we'll know in time soxfan, but our quickness to report and easiness in doing it is more important to us than a slight format change.

the only real difference is the right side no longer has the box score and the latest headline section.

instead the box score is on top, which I really like.

what in particular don't you like soxfan? I'll try to see what I can do.

we'll know in time soxfan, but our quickness to report and easiness in doing it is more important to us than a slight format change.

the only real difference is the right side no longer has the box score and the latest headline section.  

the change :) also your last layout was the best i dont think anyone can really top that.

the change :) also your last layout was the best i dont think anyone can really top that.

I like to agree with that soxfan. hopefully this all works out. we had some setbacks during the setup process but we managed to get by them.

the old format isn't gone though, I still have it available in case anything were to backfire.

we hope to make some money through advertisments on that right side, but we never focused on making money up to this point, so we aren't gonna start now. it be nice, but it isn't a priority.

we hope to make some money through advertisments on that right side, but we never focused on making money up to this point, so we aren't gonna start now. it be nice, but it isn't a priority.

i know what your saying but if you can get even like 20 bucks a month or something you guys deserve it :) and much more.

yeah, I got what your saying, but any money we'd get would go directly into the site, so we can hold ticket contests, buys shirts, jackets or whatever. or it would be used to send jason and others to minor league areas and do some scouting on prospects.

I'd love to make money for doing the work I do, but it'll all be even in time. I figure I put my work in now and benefit from it later in my career.

yeah, I got what your saying, but any money we'd get would go directly into the site, so we can hold ticket contests, buys shirts, jackets or whatever.  or it would be used to send jason and others to minor league areas and do some scouting on prospects.

I'd love to make money for doing the work I do, but it'll all be even in time.  I figure I put my work in now and benefit from it later in my career.

yea wouldnt it just suck to get sent to a minor league camp/games to scout :D

that would be a favorite carrer traveling and watching baseball players.

Ok, I'm a little disappointed that we weren't told that we would be merging with another pre-existing board but I can live with that.

What I am concerned about is the registration page where it talks about a monthly fee for accessing the site.