TIVO

IndySoxFan

a vent here.....

i had my first tivo unit for several years and totally loved it. Still do when it works.

However, my first unit broke. Wore out of something. Tech support was a disaster. It literally takes days to go through this process. They asked my questions about what I was recording. And I thought that was strange. So I asked what the deal was.

The tech guy tells me that people who record Don Imus (bizarre) and programs over 3 hours in length have had problems with the hard drive freaking. Now I mostly use mine to record sox games (over 3 hrs.) so that might be plausible.

So after a bunch of bulls*** they finally send me a trade-in which cost me something like $100 because my unit was over 2 years old.

The unit they sent me was a freaking re-built unit which had already broke on someone else. Shady. And as you can guess, this POS only lasted 2 months before the video goes out.

Same problem with customer service. I just got my 3rd unit today and I am waiting for trouble with it.

So, not to bore anyone anymore with my whining... but has anyone else had trouble with TIVO?

I would caution against getting the lifetime subscription because if you have a problem.... they don't give a s*** because they already have your money.

rant over :crying

QUOTE(IndySoxFan @ Jan 4, 2005 -> 11:35 PM)
a vent here.....

i had my first tivo unit for several years and totally loved it. Still do when it works.

However, my first unit broke. Wore out of something. Tech support was a disaster. It literally takes days to go through this process. They asked my questions about what I was recording. And I thought that was strange. So I asked what the deal was.

The tech guy tells me that people who record Don Imus (bizarre) and programs over 3 hours in length have had problems with the hard drive freaking. Now I mostly use mine to record sox games (over 3 hrs.) so that might be plausible.

So after a bunch of bulls*** they finally send me a trade-in which cost me something like $100 because my unit was over 2 years old.

The unit they sent me was a freaking re-built unit which had already broke on someone else. Shady. And as you can guess, this POS only lasted 2 months before the video goes out.

Same problem with customer service. I just got my 3rd unit today and I am waiting for trouble with it.

So, not to bore anyone anymore with my whining... but has anyone else had trouble with TIVO?

I would caution against getting the lifetime subscription because if you have a problem.... they don't give a s*** because they already have your money.

rant over :crying

I use the Tivo DVR and haven't had any probs.. don't know about standalone Tivos though

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 01:01 PM)
I like the way you think Ian.  Were still debating whether to send in our season ticket deposit or not. 

The problem is we really think they are going to have a fun team to watch this upcoming season.

Once again the spelling fairy came and messed up your avatar

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 01:01 PM)
I like the way you think Ian.  Were still debating whether to send in our season ticket deposit or not. 

The problem is we really think they are going to have a fun team to watch this upcoming season.

What you have is much better than what I came up, shocking!

The West will be interesting to watch this season with the new look A's, and the M's won't be as horrible this year either.