Dougy M works to burn his bridges in Boston

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 03:14 PM)
Boston's version of jay mariotti?

That seems like a good analogy for you Chicagoians. The guy made millions for years creating the curse, now that the Red Sox have won the world series, it will be interesting to see what crap he comes up with next year.

126elek4.jpg

If just looking at him doesn't make you angry, I don't know what does.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jan 9, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
That seems like a good analogy for you Chicagoians.  The guy made millions for years creating the curse, now that the Red Sox have won the world series, it will be interesting to see what crap he comes up with next year.

126elek4.jpg

If just looking at him doesn't make you angry, I don't know what does.

He looks like Dan Marino.

I heard Steve Phillips mention that while the ball is in play, it belongs to the Red Sox, or in this case the Cardinals,because the team "owns" the game on the field.

Once the ball leaves the field of play, it goes up for grabs.

Makes sense to me, since the umpires have to allow a ball to be presented to a player for a first hit, momentous hit, etc.

I believe Doug has an obligation to give the ball back to the team.

What usually happens to a baseball after a game?

This can't be the 1st time this has happened.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 10, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
I think it's going to court and no one will win. If it goes into the stands for a walk off home run, the fan clearly has ownership. I doubt this has ever happened before.

BTW don't forget our alter ego http://www.talksox.com if you want to chat this up with Red Sox fans.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 10, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
What usually happens to a baseball after a game?

This can't be the 1st time this has happened.

It gets tossed into the equipment bag for batting practice unless a player did something like won his first game, started, etc.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 10, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)
I think it's going to court and no one will win. If it goes into the stands for a walk off home run, the fan clearly has ownership. I doubt this has ever happened before.

BTW don't forget our alter ego http://www.talksox.com if you want to chat this up with Red Sox fans.

Thst's not entirely true. I heard on the radio this morning Josh Becket kept the last out ball from the 2003 WS, and still keeps it in his glove under his bed. Maybe the Bosox ball is more valuable from a historic, curse-breaking standpoint, though.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 10, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)
Thst's not entirely true.  I heard on the radio this morning Josh Beckett kept the last out ball from the 2003 WS, and still keeps it in his glove under his bed.  Maybe the Bosox ball is more valuable from a historic, curse-breaking standpoint, though.

Are you minimizing the value of the baseball that broke the SIX-YEAR title drought of the long-suffering Florida Marlins fans??????

:lol: :lolhitting :lol: