Jimmy Rollins to the Sox?

Cubs Suck23

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have no need for him?

I would rather have Rollins starting at short and Uribe at 2b, than Uribe starting at short and Harris starting at 2b.

Also, it will give us much more flexibility than the addition of Durham, or another 2b, because we would only have 1 SS. This way, we would have 2 SS, 2 2b, and 2 3b, that we can use as we please.

Not sure why everyone is so hell bent on a 2b, when Uribe can play 2b, and then he would have a natural back up, Harris.

SB

lol

Yeah Byrd makes no sense, but any SS or 2b, at this point makes perfect sense for the Sox, especially a guy like Rollins who steals a lot and is a switch hitter.

Our line up for the first time will actually be balanced against RH and LH pitching, I mean we potentially could have as many LH in the line up as RH.

My line up would be (prior to Frank's return)

1. Pod

2. Rollins

3. Rowand (I think he would get a ton of fastballs in front of Konerko in this line up)

4. Konerko

5. Dye

6. Everett (or Gload, I prefer Gload just not that sure the Sox will bench a million dollar player).

7. AJ

8. Uribe

9. Crede

Damn that is a really deep line up.

By the time Frank gets back, we will see what we have, and who should play where. Maybe Rowand needs to be moved down or up, but whatever the case, Rollins would be an outstanding pick up.

SB