Come up with a Sox Trade

Cubs Suck23

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 11:24 AM)
How do you know that Sweeney is going to be any good... I heard many Wsox high prospects that were  going to have a great career like Borchard,Ruffcorn,Caruso to name a few

I don't know that Sweeney is gonna be good. But unless a deal comes along that blows us away, i'd like to find out.

We can get alot more than just livan hernadez and vidro with package your trying trade with. Garland might not that be that good but hes avg. and looking at livan stats garland looks better. Vidro is a good second basemen but konerko would alot more than just that by looking at his numbers. Plus, when you talk about high prospect you just dont throw it away in a deal. Only if chisox are blown away with an offer would we even consider putting sweeney in a trade.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 11:33 AM)
Livan Hernandez 11-15 3.60 186K's

Vidro 294Avg 14Hr's 60rbi's 367obp

Garland is an avg pitcher with an era in the high 4's. Konerko free agent after the season and Sweeney you dont want you are going to get with a prospect..  I would love to have 2 all stars for these guys..

Garland is one of the better 5's in the league. Some Sox fans aren't getting that. If Garland was our 3, which he's been in the past, I would be scared s***less. Is Buehrle, Garcia, Hernandez, El duque, and Contreras that much better than what we have now? As for Vidro, I would love to have him. But not at the expense of Konerko and one of our top 3 prospects. I realize the theme of this off-season has been pitching, defense, speed. But you still have to have some pop. No way in hell we can lose Maggs, Lee, Valentin, AND Konerko in one off-season.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 11:44 AM)
How do  you see that Garland is a better pitcher than Livan..If Hernandez was on any other team last year besides Montreal he would  have been about an 17-18 game winner...

I don't think Garland is better than Hernandez. I said that Garland is one of the better fifth starters in all of baseball. In my opinion, Hernandez wouldn't upgrade our staff by that much. By the way, how much money does Hernandez make?

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2004 @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
Garland is one of the better 5's in the league.  Some Sox fans aren't getting that.  If Garland was our 3,  which he's been in the past,  I would be scared s***less.  Is Buehrle,  Garcia,  Hernandez,  El duque,  and Contreras that much better than what we have now?  As for Vidro,  I would love to have him.  But not at the expense of Konerko and one of our top 3 prospects.  I realize the theme of this off-season has been pitching,  defense,  speed.  But you still have to have some pop.  No way in hell we can lose Maggs,  Lee,  Valentin,  AND Konerko in one off-season.

problem is, they aren't all-stars. Vidro is a good player and one of the better guys at his position, while Livan Hernandez is just a pretty good pitcher. that trade would be really really bad, and I'm usually one to see the point in every trade, even bad ones.

QUOTE(Molto @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)
problem is, they aren't all-stars. Vidro is a good player and one of the better guys at his position, while Livan Hernandez is just a pretty good pitcher. that trade would be really really bad, and I'm usually one to see the point in every trade, even bad ones.

I agree, I would want no part of this trade.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jan 14, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)
Damaso Marte and Willie Harris for Luis Castillo

The only reason Willie is including in this trade is that he can't play SS or 3B so he's worthless to us on the bench...

I like Castillo. But Marte is just too valuable. We would be filling one hole while creating another. Unless Neal Cotts or Munoz step up and prove they can consistently get the job done I consider Marte untouchable.