Current Sox depth chart

Texsox

http://sports-boards.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19677

This thread's got some funny spite in it.  BTW the Phils payroll?  95M

If Polanco indeed is going to be a salary dump then KW is right to sit pat.

Being able to get Polanco w/out giving up Marte or Garland would be better

than any other options out there.

Find it funny that for polanco you would be "okay" giving up Marte but not for a better player in Castillo..

Do you like losing is that why?

Polanco 04: cost in 05: about $5M

vs LH: 147ab .327A .354O .503S, vs RH: 356ab .287A .341O .416S

RorRBI gms/mo vs ab:

8/83, 9/29, 12/80, 13/91, 15/101, 21/119 Tot: 78/503 projects to 93/600.

He started off slow with injuries, but then became a consistent offensive force. A substantial upgrade over Harris.

Polanco 04:  cost in 05: about $5M

vs LH:  147ab .327A .354O  .503S,  vs RH:  356ab .287A .341O .416S

RorRBI gms/mo vs ab:

8/83, 9/29, 12/80, 13/91, 15/101, 21/119 Tot: 78/503 projects to 93/600.

He started off slow with injuries, but then became a consistent offensive force.  A substantial upgrade over Harris.

The Philly fans seem to think he'll be dumped for next to nothing. Harris + PTBNL for Polanco seems to be reasonable. They just need an adequate backup for Utley. Harris fits that bill.

You think the Sox will go with a 6 or 7 man bullpen?

6 man:

Shingo

Marte

Vizcaino

Hermanson

Politte

Cotts

7 man:

Shingo

Marte

Vizcaino

Hermanson

Politte

Cotts

Diaz, Munoz, or Grilli?

It will be......

Shingo

Marte

Luis

Dustin

Cliff

Neal

Jon

The best would be.......

CL-TAKATSU

SET-MARTE

SET-MUNOZ

MID-VIZCAINO

MID-BAJERANU

MID-COTTS(Long incase of a contreras f***up)

MID-POLITTE

SO difference is. ADD munoz,JBaj. Drop Dustin,Adkins.

Hermanson is horrible, KW is a liar(we targeted him 3 years!),he will suck especially in the AL, Adkins is small minded, he cant come in in the clutch, in order to pitch, there has to be a 5+ run differential in the 4th-6th innings.

Anyways, I want to make my point on hermanson and that KW lied. We couldve gotten him under a million dollars(which i still would be pissed about but w/e). Now we have him at almost SIX MILLION for 2 years, a guy who will be a RELIEVER! OSUNA WENT FOR 800,000!-AND HES BETTER!

Now, IM gonna get s*** like "Hermanson has the ability to close" or "Emergency 5th starter". Well hed be horrible in any position he is placed in.

So you honestly think we'll carry 12 pitchers? And you think Baj and Munoz would be better than Hermanson and Adkins. I love Baj as much as anyone but I don't see him being better than Hermanson or Adkins until he proves otherwise.

I'd like to know what you're basing anything on at all....

QUOTE(chisox05 @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
It will be......

Shingo

Marte

Luis

Dustin

Cliff

Neal

Jon

The best would be.......

CL-TAKATSU

SET-MARTE

SET-MUNOZ

MID-VIZCAINO

MID-BAJERANU

MID-COTTS(Long incase of a contreras f***up)

MID-POLITTE

SO difference is.  ADD munoz,JBaj.  Drop Dustin,Adkins. 

Hermanson is horrible, KW is a liar(we targeted him 3 years!),he will suck especially in the AL, Adkins is small minded, he cant come in in the clutch, in order to pitch, there has to be a 5+ run differential in the 4th-6th innings.

Anyways, I want to make my point on hermanson and that KW lied.  We couldve gotten him under a million dollars(which i still would be pissed about but w/e).  Now we have him at almost SIX MILLION for 2 years, a guy who will be a RELIEVER!  OSUNA WENT FOR 800,000!-AND HES BETTER!

Now, IM gonna get s*** like "Hermanson has the ability to close" or "Emergency 5th starter".  Well hed be horrible in any position  he is placed in.

Sorry, I started laughing when I saw "Munoz" as a setup guy... Maybe in '06, because I do remember some rave reviews as to his stuff as a reliever, but you definitely won't be getting your wish anytime this season...

BTW -- were you in on the Hermanson negotiations, or are you his agent, knowing that he could have been had @

Anyways, assuming we break camp with 11 pitchers, and Thomas on the DL, is this what we can expect our team to look like?

SPs: Buehrle, Garcia, Hernandez, Contreras, Garland

MRs: Shingo, Marte, Hermy, Vizcaino, Politte, Cotts

IFs: Pierz, Burke, Davis, Gload, Konerko, Harris, Crede, Uribe, Valdez/Ozuna(sp?)

OF's: Everett, Podsednik, Perez, Rowand, Dye

I honestly believe that this is what our team will look like, provided that there's no move at 2B (which there could definitely still be). It looks like the Sox like Cotts a whole lot, and want him to be the second lefty in the 'pen. It will be, IMHO, Valdez/Ozuna fighting for that last spot -- unless Diaz/Munoz/Baj/Adkins/Walker/Grilli absolutely wow the pants off of Ozzie and Kenny at Tuscon...

You're wasting your time arguing with him. He was the one who said he knew more about sabermetrics than 95% of the other people on this board, and said RJ for Garland would be a good deal for Arizona, and Crede for A-Rod would be a good deal for the Yanks. :headshake :banghead

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 05:46 PM)
You're wasting your time arguing with him.  He was the one who said he knew more about sabermetrics than 95% of the other people on this board, and said RJ for Garland would be a good deal for Arizona, and Crede for A-Rod would be a good deal for the Yanks.  :headshake  :banghead

Get it right stupid, it was 98% ;) :D