about brandon mcarthy

hi8is

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 20, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)
Can a AA hitter flirting with the Mendoza line differentiate between average stuff and dominating stuff? :huh

Good point, he's probably going to think any pitcher can outsmart him, especially if he's hitting that poorly.

Alright first off there was no one on St Louis' AA team named Cantu. Secondly, McCarthy did not sign for half a mil. Lastly, he has above average projection on his entire repetoire. His fastball is currently 88-92 but I project it to be in the 90-94 range when he fills out. He's a damn stick! His curve is MLB average in movement and command as is his changeup up. He also has great makeup and he indeed is a student of the game.

ive know cantu my entire life, hes a hard nosed talented ball player that CAN hit... however, he has had 5 count em, 5 surgerys (1 on his left shoulder and 4 on his right shoulder)... he's not a hitting machine but the guy knows what he is doing....

why not take it as him complamenting bmac instead of cantu sayin "i cant hit" because thats what it was intended as.

im just tellin you all what i was told, dont hang the messenger.... bow to him and kiss his feet after giving him a nice foot massage.... on the other hand, i dont think id want any of you touching my feet...

:P

Bull...its great hearing your insite on Bmac. Heck, who knows more about pitchers then other pitchers. Were all pulling for ya to make Charlotte this season and who knows, maybe a September callup could be in order :)

On a sidenote, you looking forward to potentially re-joining the rotation?

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
ive know cantu my entire life, hes a hard nosed talented ball player that CAN hit... however, he has had 5 count em, 5 surgerys (1 on his left shoulder and 4 on his right shoulder)... he's not a hitting machine but the guy knows what he is doing....

why not take it as him complamenting bmac instead of cantu sayin "i cant hit" because thats what it was intended as.

im just tellin you all what i was told, dont hang the messenger.... bow to him and kiss his feet after giving him a nice foot massage.... on the other hand, i dont think id want any of you touching my feet...

:P

I know my comment wasn't a slam at you or your friend. I was merely trying to put some perspective on things. I apologize if it came across in the wrong way.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 06:23 AM)
Bull...its great hearing your insite on Bmac.  Heck, who knows more about pitchers then other pitchers.  Were all pulling for ya to make Charlotte this season and who knows, maybe a September callup could be in order :)

On a sidenote, you looking forward to potentially re-joining the rotation?

what in sam hell are you talking about?

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 06:29 AM)
I know my comment wasn't a slam at you or your friend.  I was merely trying to put some perspective on things.  I apologize if it came across in the wrong way.

i think i was just in a bit of a bad mood and took something the wrong way, wasnt anything u said... wasnt anything to take the wrong way, just me being stupid once again =D

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)
i think i was just in a bit of a bad mood and took something the wrong way, wasnt anything u said... wasnt anything to take the wrong way, just me being stupid once again =D

Cool. No harm, no foul.