Norihiro Nakamura now available to MLB teams

Jabroni

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting comments about this guy and Iguchi in the Daily Southtown today:

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/co...ia/x28-ard1.htm

Phil Arvia is basically insinuating that Kenny wanted Nakamura moreso than Iguchi. I don't buy it. Look at their past two seasons (2003 & 2004) and tell me whom you would rather have...

Tadahito Iguchi

Norihiro Nakamura

The Dodgers submitted a bid through the posting system Friday on Japanese third baseman Norihiro Nakamura. If the Dodgers have the high bid for Nakamura, they're expected to offer him a minor league deal with an invitation to spring training. Maybe he will come cheap after all. Jan. 28 - 10:19 pm et

Source: dodgers.mlb.com

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 09:14 AM)
I wonder if these players are now looking towards us as a comfortable place to play though.  It could be possible that we are this guy's first choice.  PLus I wouldnt mind getting rid of crede, not because of his stats, but because he is a boras client, and if josh fields does not step up, we will be out in the cold on a 3b.  I dont know, just a thought.

I wonder if some of these guys were rivals and would never be a teammate with some of the other ones.

The Dodgers won the negotiating rights to Japanese third baseman Norihiro Nakamura and will likely sign him to a minor league contract. Nakamura will try to beat out Olmedo Saenz for a job as a right-handed bat off the bench and platoon first baseman. Working against him is that Saenz's $650,000 salary is guaranteed and the Dodgers probably won't carry both. It's likely that Nakamura's contract will contain an out clause allowing him to return to the Japan if he doesn't make the team. Feb. 1 - 1:08 am et