NFL Single Team Mock Offseason

T R U

I thought it would be cool to do something like this, for anyone who wants to try and predict what their team is going to do this offseason.. Its fun

Trades

Trade #2 overall pick to SD for #12 and #28

Trade Patrick Surtain to Dallas for the #42 selection in the 2nd round

Cuts

Jay Fiedler

Junior Seau

Olindo Mare

Rob Konrad

Tim Bowens

Sammy Knight

Important Signings

SS Kenoy Kennedy

OL Ryan Diem

OL Casey Rabach

QB Gus Frerotte

Draft

1st Round #12 - Ronnie Brown RB Auburn

1st Round #28 - Charlie Frye QB Akron

2nd Round #42 - Mike Nugent K Ohio State

3rd Round #66 - CJ Mosely DT Missouri

4th Round #98 - Kirk Morrison ILB San Diego State

5th Round #129 - Chris Kemoeatu OG Utah

7th Round #193 - Jerome Carter S Florida State

53 Man Projected Roster

Rookie

Undrafted Rookie

Free Agent

QB

1. AJ Feeley 2. Gus Frerotte 3. Charlie Frye

RB

1. Ronnie Brown 2. Lamar Gordon 3. Marvin Townes

FB

1. Sammy Morris 2. Jamar Martin

WR

1. Chris Chambers 2. Marty Booker 3. David Boston 4. Derrius Thompson 5. Bryan Gilmore 6. Wes Welker

TE

1. Randy McMichael 2. Donald Lee 3. Ed Perry

LT

1. Ryan Diem 2. Damion McIntosh 3. Wade Smith

LG

1. Jeno James 2. Greg Jerman

C

1. Casey Rabach 2. Rob Hunt

RG

1. Rex Hadnot 2. Chris Kemoeatu

RT

1. Vernon Carey 2. John St. Clair 3. Wade Smith

K

1. Mike Nugent

P

1. Matt Turk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LDE

1. David Bowens 2. Kevin Huntley

DT

1. Larry Chester 2. Dario Romero

DT

1. CJ Mosely 2. Jeff Zgonina

RDE

1. Jason Taylor 2. Jay Williams

LOLB

1. Eddie Moore 2. Brendan Ayenbadejo

MLB

1. Zach Thomas 2. Kirk Morrison 3. Derek Pope

ROLB

1. Morlon Greenwood 2. Corey Jenkins

LCB

1. Reggie Howard 2. Will Poole 3. Jimmy Wyrick

SS

1. Kenoy Kennedy 2. Jerome Carter

FS

1. Arturo Freeman 2. Yeremiah Bell

RCB

1. Sam Madison 2. Will Poole

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 12:07 PM)
You know your football; however, its nearly impossible to estimate trading draft picks.

:D But, its a mock...so in a perfect world, that'd be a great off-season.

its somewhat impossible...

SD most likely wont trade both their 1st

BUT Dallas needs a CB bad, and Surtain would be a great fit for them with Newman there, they would greatly improve their Defenseive Backfield

Ide think Miami might try to pry away their #20 pick, but I said for their 2nd instead for the sake of the mock, and so people didnt bash on it..

from what I hear the Bills, Vikings, Chiefs, Colts are 4 teams very interested in Surtain and on Inside the Huddle John Clayton said a 1st or 2nd round pick would be a great deal from a team to get Surtain

QUOTE(Man Of Steel @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 12:10 PM)
its somewhat impossible...

SD most likely wont trade both their 1st

BUT Dallas needs a CB bad, and Surtain would be a great fit for them with Newman there, they would greatly improve their Defenseive Backfield

Ide think Miami might try to pry away their #20 pick, but I said for their 2nd instead for the sake of the mock, and so people didnt bash on it..

from what I hear the Bills, Vikings, Chiefs, Colts are 4 teams very interested in Surtain and on Inside the Huddle John Clayton said a 1st or 2nd round pick would be a great deal from a team to get Surtain

Wadda ya think? Should we turn this thread into an all-compassing NFL Team mock draft?

...a place to post your own mock draft for one team (like you did with the Dolphins)?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 12:12 PM)
Wadda ya think?  Should we turn this thread into an all-compassing NFL Team mock draft?

...a place to post your own mock draft for one team (like you did with the Dolphins)?

Yeah thats what my purpose was, its fun to do mock drafts and stuff but its better when you do it for your team..

sounds good

Also

I fell in love with Kirk Morrison while watching the Senior Bowl.. I swear he was all over the place, I saw him getting up from almost every tackle

I would love for the Phins to land him and groom him to take over for Zach when he leaves, which might be after this next season

QUOTE(Man Of Steel @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
Yeah thats what my purpose was, its fun to do mock drafts and stuff but its better when you do it for your team..

sounds good

Great idea. :headbang

I got some homework to attend to first, but I'll get on it this afternoon.

I think I'll make both a Bears and Packers mock.

I'll do a mock for the Steelers.

1. Carlos Rogers/Brandon Browner/Marlin Jackson (whichever is available at 30, I will say Brandon Browner CB Oregon State.

2. Chris Henry WR WVU (Character issues, but great size, sounds just like Plaxico who could be lost this offseason).

3. Chris Canty DE UVA (Big DE that could help out in 3-4, injuries will drop him this low)

4 Rob Petitti OT Pittsburgh (Big OL that could help out at RT for the Steelers.)

5. James Kinney LB Missouri (small, but great speed and instincts, probably won't be available, but I can hope)

6. Aaron Fransisco S BYU (Big safety, average speed and a nice leader, sometimes over aggressive with hits)

7. Madison Hedgecock FB UNC (FB/H-back, great blocker, can knock some heads off, I liken him to William Henderson, bigger than William but not as fast)

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
Sam Madison will be saying bye-bye to Miami.

uhhhhh

no he wont

If you mean Surtain then yes

but Sam Madison wont be going anywhere.. the cap hit would be way too much to cut or trade him.. Madison is staying

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 12:10 PM)
I'll do a mock for the Steelers.

1. Carlos Rogers/Brandon Browner/Marlin Jackson (whichever is available at 30, I will say Brandon Browner CB Oregon State.

2. Chris Henry WR WVU (Character issues, but great size, sounds just like Plaxico who could be lost this offseason).

3. Chris Canty DE UVA (Big DE that could help out in 3-4, injuries will drop him this low)

4  Rob Petitti OT Pittsburgh (Big OL that could help out at RT for the Steelers.)

5. James Kinney LB Missouri (small, but great speed and instincts, probably won't be available, but I can hope)

6. Aaron Fransisco S BYU (Big safety, average speed and a nice leader, sometimes over aggressive with hits)

7. Madison Hedgecock FB UNC (FB/H-back, great blocker, can knock some heads off, I liken him to William Henderson, bigger than William but not as fast)

I never liked Plax, I won't miss him one bit. Bell will be good for some other team if he plays in more then 3 games.

I never liked Plax, I won't miss him one bit. Bell will be good for some other team if he plays in more then 3 games.

He's certainly a headcase. But he has so much talent. If he could ever develop a work ethic he would be nearly unstoppable. The Steelers could really use a deep threat with speed to compliment Hines great routes and Randle El's quickness though and might be forced to go that route in the 1st if Plax is gone.

I'd do a prediction for the Bears with full research, but my problem with that is that I would be torn between what I want them to do and what I think they will do.

For instance, I would want them to add Walter Jones, but I really don't think they will go that route, especially if he gets the franchise tag.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 4, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
I'd do a prediction for the Bears with full research, but my problem with that is that I would be torn between what I want them to do and what I think they will do.

For instance, I would want them to add Walter Jones, but I really don't think they will go that route, especially if he gets the franchise tag.

Thats why I did what they prolly will do with realistic thinking into it..

CHICAGO BEARS POST OFFSEASON

QB-Rex Grossman

RB-Thomas Jones

FB-Bryan Johnson

WR-Mike Williams

WR-Justin Gage

WR-Bobby Wade

WR-Bernard Berrian

TE-Desmond Clark

TE-Dustin Lyman

LT-Marc Columbo

LG-Ruben Brown

C-Olin Kreuz

RG-Rex Tucker

RT-John Tait

DE-Alex Brown

DT-Tommie Harris

DT-Tank Johnson

DE-Adewale Ogunleye

OLB-Lance Briggs

MLB-Brian Urlacher

OLB-Derrick Williams

CB-Jerry Azumah

CB-RW McQuarters

CB-Charles Tillman

FS-Mike Brown

SS-Donte Nicholson

K-Paul Edinger

P-Brad Maynard

well from what i can tell our OL is going to be mostly similar only switch being Tait moving to LT. But i think our OL can be really good again. Tait is solid, kreutz is solid, and Ruben Brown is pretty good too, all of those 3 can hold their own. I dont remember our LG so wont comment on him but im assuming Marc Columbo will get the starting nod at RT so thats prob are biggest ? but Columbo was a solid prospect b4 his injury so we will see what happens.

QUOTE(chisox05 @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 12:58 AM)

QB-Rex Grossman

RB-Thomas Jones

FB-Bryan Johnson

WR-Mike Williams

WR-Justin Gage

WR-Bobby Wade

WR-Bernard Berrian

TE-Desmond Clark

TE-Dustin Lyman

LT-Marc Columbo

LG-Ruben Brown

C-Olin Kreuz

RG-Rex Tucker

RT-John Tait

DE-Alex Brown

DT-Tommie Harris

DT-Tank Johnson

DE-Adewale Ogunleye

OLB-Lance Briggs

MLB-Brian Urlacher

OLB-Derrick Williams

CB-Jerry Azumah

CB-RW McQuarters

CB-Charles Tillman

FS-Mike Brown

SS-Donte Nicholson

K-Paul Edinger

P-Brad Maynard

Who the hell is Derrick Williams?

I hope you dont mean Derrick Johnson because there is no way the Bears could get Mike Williams and Derrick Johnson, they are both top 15 picks in this draft..

QUOTE(Man Of Steel @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 12:31 PM)

I hope you dont mean Derrick Johnson because there is no way the Bears could get Mike Williams and Derrick Johnson, they are both top 15 picks in this draft..

I was thinking the same thing.

QUOTE(chisox05 @ Feb 6, 2005 -> 12:58 AM)

QB-Rex Grossman

RB-Thomas Jones

FB-Bryan Johnson

WR-Mike Williams

WR-Justin Gage

WR-Bobby Wade

WR-Bernard Berrian

TE-Desmond Clark

TE-Dustin Lyman

LT-Marc Columbo

LG-Ruben Brown

C-Olin Kreuz

RG-Rex Tucker

RT-John Tait

DE-Alex Brown

DT-Tommie Harris

DT-Tank Johnson

DE-Adewale Ogunleye

OLB-Lance Briggs

MLB-Brian Urlacher

OLB-Derrick Williams

CB-Jerry Azumah

CB-RW McQuarters

CB-Charles Tillman

FS-Mike Brown

SS-Donte Nicholson

K-Paul Edinger

P-Brad Maynard

I really hope we upgrade at TE.

QUOTE(Man Of Steel @ Feb 7, 2005 -> 11:31 AM)

Well they could...anything can happen.

But they'd have to give up an insane package to get another top 10 pick(possibly another top 5 pick, because I have seen comparisons of Johnson to Ray Lewis, only at OLB, noting that he is that good), and that would be stupid as hell.

Scott Wright has Johnson going at 16, and I don't think there is a chance of that happening...not even close, nor do I think he is going to be the second OLB taken(though Merriman is listed as an OLB/DE).

Basically, I view both Williams and Johnson as top 10 picks, to whoever. The Bears might get one, but not a chance(if they are smart) at both.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 8, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
Well they could...anything can happen.

But they'd have to give up an insane package to get another top 10 pick(possibly another top 5 pick, because I have seen comparisons of Johnson to Ray Lewis, only at OLB, noting that he is that good), and that would be stupid as hell.

Scott Wright has Johnson going at 16, and I don't think there is a chance of that happening...not even close, nor do I think he is going to be the second OLB taken(though Merriman is listed as an OLB/DE).

Basically, I view both Williams and Johnson as top 10 picks, to whoever.  The Bears might get one, but not a chance(if they are smart) at both.

For the Bears to have any chance at getting BOTH those players it would take their 1st Round Pick NEXT draft and maybe more

So pretty much theres no chance in hell it can happen

QUOTE(Man Of Steel @ Feb 9, 2005 -> 03:11 PM)
For the Bears to have any chance at getting BOTH those players it would take their 1st Round Pick NEXT draft and maybe more

So pretty much theres no chance in hell it can happen

I'd trade next seasons 1st round pick for Derrick Johnson. If that's all it would take, which i highly doubt.

Derrick Johnson will be a top 8 pick.