new sox voice?

Melissa1334

how about Carmen Dafelco? i think he would do great as the pre and post game for the sox. hes a huge sox fan. i remember he did some games befor. he would like to do it too. i think the only thing in the way is that he does the bulls pre and post. so how bout Carmen? :cheers

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
how about Carmen Dafelco? i think he would do great as the pre and post game for the sox. hes a huge sox fan. i remember he did some games befor. he would like to do it too. i think the only thing in the way is that he does the bulls pre and post. so how bout Carmen? :cheers

Excellent idea! :cheers I had already posted that very same suggestion on another Sox board.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)

I think that is a no brainer. I think the job is his if he wants it. That is the first name that came to my mind after I heard about Wills.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
I think that is a no brainer. I think the job is his if he wants it. That is the first name that came to my mind after I heard about Wills.

yea, i love Carmen. i just hope he isnt to busy with the bulls and the other radio shows he does. i just want someone that has passion for the sox. i dont want to get someone that isnt a sox fan, that is just a baseball fan. lets get Carmen! :headbang

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 04:31 PM)
maybe...if i could chose between having carmen or dave next yr, i would take carmen in a heart beat. :headbang

Ugh, no way. Dave seemed like a part of the team to me somewhat like Hawk seems that way, I enjoyed listening to Dave's pre and post games, I like Carmen also but no way would I take him over Dave for that job.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
Ugh, no way.  Dave seemed like a part of the team to me somewhat like Hawk seems that way, I enjoyed listening to Dave's pre and post games, I like Carmen also but no way would I take him over Dave for that job.

yea, i guess..

its dissapointing how guys like Mariotti and dave are switching jobs because they feel they cant critisize the sox. also :banghead stone with the cubs

would u like to see carmen get the job though?

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
people mention stone as a replacement......no thanx. i dont want a cub fan doing the white sox pre and post. :nono

You won't have to worry about that. Stone accepted a job with WSCR (The Score).

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
yea, i guess..

its dissapointing how guys like Mariotti and dave are switching jobs because they feel they cant critisize the sox. also  :banghead stone with the cubs

would u like to see carmen get the job though?

Mariotti left ESPN radio because they got tired of him bashing the Bulls & the Sox all the time. It's kinda hard to market the teams whose games you're carrying when some dips*** assclown continues to badmouth them. And again, I don't think Wills left because he couldn't criticize them. I think he wanted a shot at a play-by-play job and the D-Rays obliged.

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 05:48 PM)
Mariotti left ESPN radio because they got tired of him bashing the Bulls & the Sox all the time.  It's kinda hard to market the teams whose games you're carrying when some dips*** assclown continues to badmouth them.  And again, I don't think Wills left because he couldn't criticize them.  I think he wanted a shot at a play-by-play job and the D-Rays obliged.

i dont know...thats what i heard.. :huh

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 11:50 PM)
i dont know...thats what i heard.. :huh

Melissa, Dave did not leave because he couldn't critisize the sox. he left to do play by play which he once did for the Kane County Cougars. Its what he wants to do. Play by play in the MLB is a big deal. Pre and post game host is not quite as big.

QUOTE(quickman @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 06:07 PM)
Melissa, Dave did not leave because he couldn't critisize the sox. he left to do play by play which he once did for the Kane County Cougars. Its what he wants to do. Play by play in the MLB is a big deal. Pre and post game host is not quite as big.

Pardon my ignorance, but where is Willsy doing play by play next year?

QUOTE(quickman @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 06:07 PM)

sorry..i guess i must have heard wrong. it didnt sound true. i remember him critisizing the sox a lot (jon garland) when they deserved it. he said it how it was. :headbang

im just saying....i would love to see carmen get the job, someone with white sox pride :)

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 07:06 PM)
what will they do when the sox and cubs play at the same time or almost the same time. are the cubs still with wgn?

Considering how the Cubs & WGN are both owned by the Chicago Tribune tells me they won't be leaving there anytime soon. :D

Also, the team usually on WGN or WCIU meant the other was on Fox Sports Net (now Comcast Sportsnet), so no conflictions will occur there.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)

The pre-game guy is an employee of the White Sox, so Brooks Boyer will actually pick him. I could live with Defalco but there a zillion minor league guys who would kill for the job and do it for next to nothing. Brooks has done a good job so far, this will be a big decision -one of the 'voices' of the White Sox.