new sox voice?

Melissa1334

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Feb 4, 2005 -> 01:16 AM)
Considering how the Cubs & WGN are both owned by the Chicago Tribune tells me they won't be leaving there anytime soon.  :D

Also, the team usually on WGN or WCIU meant the other was on Fox Sports Net (now Comcast Sportsnet), so no conflictions will occur there.

WGN will still carry games. From What I heard, WCIU is out of the picture totally. comcast will have sportsnet plus if there is a conflict and both games are on comcast.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
the only thing i will miss about FSN is that they would replay the games. thats cool so that in  :headbang case u miss the game you can always see the replay

i think csn is doing that for some games too

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 08:06 PM)
the only thing i will miss about FSN is that they would replay the games. thats cool so that in  :headbang case u miss the game you can always see the replay

It always pissed me off because it seemed Fox only chose to replay games that we lost or sucked in. Ohh well maybe it was just me though.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
yea, i guess..

its dissapointing how guys like Mariotti and dave are switching jobs because they feel they cant critisize the sox.

What are you talking about..? :huh Dave is switching job because he can't critisize the Sox..? :unsure:

QUOTE(TLAK @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
The pre-game guy is an employee of the White Sox, so Brooks Boyer will actually pick him.  I could live with Defalco but there a zillion minor league guys who would kill for the job and do it for next to nothing.  Brooks has done a good job so far, this will be a big decision  -one of the 'voices' of the White Sox.

Why in the hell would the Marketing guy hire the radio personality...??? :huh

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 4, 2005 -> 08:08 AM)
Why in the hell would the Marketing guy hire the radio personality...???  :huh

I know from Will's own lips that he was an employee of the Sox, but I assumed the marketing department part on my own. My reasoning is the faces and public voices of the team would certainly fit in the Marketing guy's brief. I still think I'm right, but you have a lot better connections than I so if I'm off base let me know where the responsibility actually lies.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Feb 4, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
I know from Will's own lips that he was an employee of the Sox, but I assumed the marketing department part on my own.  My reasoning is the faces and public voices of the team would certainly fit in the Marketing guy's brief.  I still think I'm right, but you have a lot better connections than I so if I'm off base let me know where the responsibility actually lies.

I'm still not sure why you would think the marketing guy would hire the talent...? The are 2 sepearate things. And I apologize if I seemed harsh in my response.