Spring Training photos thread

santo=dorf

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 01:59 AM)
Is Iguchi missing that bunt by a mile or has he already made contact?  I hope the latter.

He did successfully execute a sacrifice bunt, so I'd guess it was afterward.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 02:48 AM)
His technique is terrible...wrapping his hand around the bat, bat head down :unsure:

i agree, the bat head must stay up, otherwise he is gonna pop alot of bunts up *note* see willie harris. teh hand wrapped isnt a huge deal in the majors, most guys that are at this level wont catch a ball off their hands, thats more of a tip for kids in little league and high school

IIRC Iguchi fouled his first bunt attempt off the plate, my guess would be thats the shot we are seeing... then he sac bunted to the pitcher and the pitcher booted it, i do hope that he wasnt bunting like that with his hands though or he will break some fingers... maybe the bat got knocked back in his hand after contact (i know that happened to me every once in a while)

although on a closer look it doesnt seem like the "bat being knocked back in his hand" idea looks correct... he is griping the bat

QUOTE(backman @ Mar 5, 2005 -> 01:15 AM)
man this is some bull, i know its spring training but i like to win one game, this is gettin pretty nasty 0-4 this is freaking anyoying!

Relax. :) Oh, btw we beat the Rox so we're 1-3

QUOTE(backman @ Mar 5, 2005 -> 07:15 AM)
man this is some bull, i know its spring training but i like to win one game, this is gettin pretty nasty 0-4 this is freaking anyoying!

I was watching the spring training game today with the Dodgers. I think Buck Martinez said it pretty good. The teams that are set with their roster and positions are mostly working on the little things, getting in shape and working off the rust to prepare the season. They don't win a ton of games. The teams with a lot of questions, the teams that aren't set for the season have a lot of guys fighting for a position on their team and bust their ass to do everything to win the game to prove they belong. Those teams win a lot of games because the players are playing all out and it might be their only chance.

I believe that he said it was a team like the Expos or some cellar dweller team that has had the best record in ST the last two or three years.

I agree with Buck. The record isn't really indicative of what the situation is with your team. Guys are working on small things, getting the rust off and preparing for the long haul of the season.

For now we should just relax, enjoy getting to actually see or listen to our Sox and get pumped for what could be a great season.