Sweetheart List

Alright fellas, who do you love coming out of the college game in 05'?

These guys could be high-profile, upper-tier prospects; they could be low-profile, sleeper types; or, they could be guys that have gotten absolutely no attention on any front.

This is the place to make your case for your sweethearts.

Addy's Sweetheart List

#5 Ryan Moats, RB, Louisana Tech

-Ryan 5'9", 209, 4.54 40 time; Ryan is a hard worker that really produces for the team. He's very light on his feet and has the always has the ability to take it the distance. Powerful runner and very athletic.

#4 Derrick Johnson, LB, Texas

-Derrick 6'4", 230, 4.50 40 time; what can be said of Derrick that hasn't already be mentioned? He's an unreal talent; I've never seen a more complete LB coming out of the college game since Ray Lewis. Amazing instincts. Seems like he is always making a big play. The #1 prospect on my board.

#3 Charlie Frye, QB, Akron

-Charlie 6'4", 228, 4.65 40 time; Charlie is a great leader, both in the lockeroom and on the field. Very athletic and smart football player. First-class accuracy. In my estimation, he's the consensus #3 QB in the draft and the heir-apparent to Favre in Green Bay.

#2 Marlin Jackson, DB, Michigan

-Marlin 6'1, 196, 4.40 40 time; Marlin is a natural athlete that is very aggressive on the field. He has great size and is always capable of making a big play. Very good in coverage. With so many strong corners, I think Marlin is being overlooked. He is very capable of a first round selection and will be an above average defender in the NFL for many years to come...one of my favorite defensive players in the draft. He's awesome.

#1 Frank Gore, RB, Miami

- Frank 5'10", 220, 4.46 40 time; Frank is my guy. I absolutely love him. Before suffering two blown ACLs in consecutive seasons, Frank was the #1 RB prospect in the nation coming out of high school and was #1 on the Miami depth chart above both Clinton Portis and Willis McGehee. He is an excellent runner that gets low to the ground. Very powerful on his feet. He is an excellent leader on the field and has shown great character in coming back from two big surgerys. In my opinion, if he stayed healthy during his time at Miami, he would have been a sure thing for a first-round selection. If he falls to the third round, and I think he will, a team would be very lucky to have him and may have drafted the RB of the future. I would LOVE for the Bears to pick up Gore somewhere in the middle rounds as I think he'll be a winner in the NFL. I'll be singing his praises from now until April 23.

I like all those guys on your list, but I'm gonna name a few Tar Heels that I think deserve a good break in life and have the talent to keep in the league for a long time. First is Chad Scott, he transferred into UNC from Kentucky after he was SEC freshmen of the year I believe. He's 5'9 195 pounds and great burst and quickness. He is a very good pass catching threat also, he was just stuck behind alot of talented backs at UNC. When he finally got his chance he shined against Miami and for the rest of the season. I think at minimum he could be a very good 3rd down back in the NFL and I never see him on any RB lists. He can run in the 4.40-4.50 range so I think its a mistake to overlook him.

The other is Gerald Sensebaugh, a free safety at 6'2 210 pounds. He transferred in for a year from Middle Tennessee State I believe it was after they disbanded their football program. He had alot of interest coming out of high school but his grades at the time severely limited his choices. But he's a big safety that is a tackling machine, he's wasn't the most dominant safety in pass coverage, but then again UNC's lack of a pass rush for most of the year didn't help either. But Gerald got to learn under a very good DB coach in Marvin Sanders who joined the Tar Heels after coaching Nebraska's DB's to the nations lead in INT's the year before.

I think both of those guys have good character, work ethic, and the talent to get it done. I think they will suprise for teams like Willie Parker did for my Steelers this year. Yes I know I'm being a homer, but I'm just really rooting for these guys to succeed.

Although he is not coming out of the college game, my eyes will be on Adrian McPherson.

Whoever gets him could have a hell of a project on their hands.

You don't see many talents like him ever. One can just hope he truly has cleaned up his act a little bit.

Also, I too am on the Frank Gore bandwagon. He could be a steal, wherever he is taken.

QUOTE(Tmar28 @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 10:16 AM)
Antrel Rolle. damn i hope he lasts until #11

Even if he does, I doubt Parcells and Jones will pick him though. If they move to a 3-4, which is becoming ever more the likely by the day, DE, DT, LB and WR will most likely be the 1st 2 selections the Boys make.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
Even if he does, I doubt Parcells and Jones will pick him though. If they move to a 3-4, which is becoming ever more the likely by the day, DE, DT, LB and WR will most likely be the 1st 2 selections the Boys make.

true. forgot that. also heard parcells said he would never draft a CB in 1st round again?

the 3-4 just creates more holes :angry:

QUOTE(Tmar28 @ Feb 21, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
true. forgot that. also heard parcells said he would never draft a CB in 1st round again?

the 3-4 just creates more holes :angry:

I think the Cowboys will probably trade down from one of their 1st round picks, to try and get an extra 2nd or 3rd (they don't hav a 3rd since they traded it for Henson), and maybe draft a CB in the 2nd or 3rd since it's a very heavy CB draft.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)
Although he is not coming out of the college game, my eyes will be on Adrian McPherson.

Whoever gets him could have a hell of a project on their hands.

You don't see many talents like him ever.  One can just hope he truly has cleaned up his act a little bit.

Also, I too am on the Frank Gore bandwagon.  He could be a steal, wherever he is taken.

ya mcpherson was the arena player of the year last year, but his former team folded so i dont know if he even played this year, but he does have tremendous talent

My 3 sweethearts are

1 Pac-Man Jones. name a team in the league that can't use another corner?

2. David Pollack. Not sure if heart is enough to to make sacks in the nlf, but this guy is a warrior. One fo the better college performers int he draft

3. David Greene. I think he is going to be like Chris Simms in that he won't be picked in round 1 but will emerge as the qb of the future for someone.

Ill post 2 guys from Wisconsin who I think will turn out to be good pro's who probably will get drafted on day 2.

1) Anthony Davis, unfortunately he has been hampered by injuries. But when he is healthy he was the Wisconsin defense. He is a smaller back, but has good strength for his size and very good ability to break tackles. He also has good vision, great agility and speed, and will prove to be a great change of pace back for whatever team that takes him.

2) Scott Starks, he will run a sub 4.4 40, but lacks the height and size that is necessary for 1,2 CB. Should prove to be a valuable dime CB, and very good special teams player. He began to play special teams for Wisconsin this year, and made almost every single big play, and was almost always the first player down field on punt coverage. Also has good intangibles, and has played against larger recievers for his career.

Unfortunately time prohibits me from watching as much football as I used to, but I do watch every Wisconsin game and these are 2 guys that could be available day 2 and make an impact on a team.

SB

The problem with Owen Daniels will be,

Can he block at the TE position.

Its clear that he can get open and make plays down field, but as a converted QB you just do not know if the size will translate.

They have him listed as 6'3 220 or so, if he could push that to 240-250 range, hes listed as a junior so I think hes got a year of eligibility to make the transition complete.

Should be interesting cause if he can gain a few pounds and be as effective as last year, Id want him on the Bears.

SB

One of my guys Gerald Sensebaugh had a great showing at the combines today. Here is an excerpt from ESPN Insider.

"Gerald Sensabaugh had one of the best showings from the safety class. Sensabaugh is a late bloomer who finished his career at North Carolina after spending time early on at Eastern Tennessee State. He showed up in terrific shape at 6-0½, 214 pounds and ran an excellent 40 time (4.49) for his size. Sensabaugh, who once blocked three kicks in one game at ETSU, also had one of the best vertical jumps of the week, reaching 46 inches."

Also Marlin Jackson really struggled in the 40 clocking a 4.59, Ronald Bartell from Howard showed up at around 6'1 and ran a 4.37 40 time.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 02:03 PM)

yeah i bet he will probably will be one of the more successful starters if given a chance