Ozzie calls Maggs a girl

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
What does Rogers expect? Did anyone anticipate Ozzie disagreeing with management's decision to decline arbitration based on comments uttered 7 years ago? Whether or not he believed management created a smear campaign, it's his job to spin everything pro-whitesox.

f***ing dolt. 

Seriously, it's ridiculous.  It appears no matter how Guillen addressed this issue, criticism was awaiting.

As soon as I saw the headline, I knew exactly where Rogers was going with this. This guy is becoming nearly as Cubby-love as Mariotti lately.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 02:36 AM)
As soon as I saw the headline, I knew exactly where Rogers was going with this.  This guy is becoming nearly as Cubby-love as Mariotti lately.

Even with this article I still respect Rogers. He has baseball knowledge and is pretty consistant when it comes to the big picture. He doesn't whore his beliefs out for a story...

It was Rogers and Mariotti who we're down in Florida asking Magglio the questions. They're the assholes starting this, we all know Ozzie is going to respond. Especially when you read what Ozzie said yesterday about his family getting crap back home from Magglio's family.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 08:51 AM)
Even with this article I still respect Rogers.  He has baseball knowledge and is pretty consistant when it comes to the big picture.  He doesn't whore his beliefs out for a story...

I used to feel the same way. Rogers used to be one of the best. However since he became the Cubs beat writer at the halfway point of last season, I've noticed a very distinct change in his point of view.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
I used to feel the same way.  Rogers used to be one of the best.  However since he became the Cubs beat writer at the halfway point of last season, I've noticed a very distinct change in his point of view.

These guys are complete idiots. Not just them, but all Chicago media covering the Ordonez and Sosa soaps. In my eyes the media is most at fault (with Ordonez a close second) for making this a huge deal. These guys [shammy and jagglio] are no different now than any opposing player. They merit absoultely zero coverage in the Chicago media until they do something worthwhile on the field (in other words, never).

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)
I used to feel the same way.  Rogers used to be one of the best.  However since he became the Cubs beat writer at the halfway point of last season, I've noticed a very distinct change in his point of view.

Paul Sullivan is the beat writer for the scrubs. I didn't have a problem with Rogers column, he didn't just make those Ozzie quotes up and he was there in Fla to give us context to how the Maggs quotes came about. Ozzie needs to zip it(esp when he's standing in a glass house).

Gay boy on the otherhand immediately turned it into another JR rip job and of course in the end made it all about himself.

Edited by upnorthsox