Ozzie calls Maggs a girl

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 02:38 PM)
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-sox28.html

I have to agree, it's over, move on to 2005.

Damn, he just let it all fly, didn't he?

Hold something back, Oz. Otherwise you might bust. ;)

But I agree with him 100%. The whole thing is BS, and it's time to stop talking about it.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 09:46 AM)
Damn, he just let it all fly, didn't he?

Hold something back, Oz.  Otherwise you might bust. ;)

But I agree with him 100%.  The whole thing is BS, and it's time to stop talking about it.

I love Ozzie's attitude. He says whats on his mind. I think he is the kind of manager this team needed all along. Go Sox in '05. First pitch in 35 days.... :cheers

This is the same as Sosa always bringing up the Cubs still...both Sosa and Maggs need to talk about their new teams and forget about what they've left behind in Chicago.

Oz called a spade a spade...and I'm glad he did.

Enjoy the Tiglets, Magglio...aside from Percy, they've got a pitching staff full of 4.50+ ERA's throughout...good luck with that.

-y2

"If I made $100 million, do you think I'd be talking about Kenny Williams? Who is Kenny Williams when you're making $100 million? Kenny Williams would be a pimple on my [butt] if I made $100 million. Why would I let him bother me?''

Think Ozzie will be getting a knock on his office door today? :lol:

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 10:26 AM)
This is the same as Sosa always bringing up the Cubs still...both Sosa and Maggs need to talk about their new teams and forget about what they've left behind in Chicago.

Oz called a spade a spade...and I'm glad he did.

Enjoy the Tiglets, Magglio...aside from Percy, they've got a pitching staff full of 4.50+ ERA's throughout...good luck with that.

-y2

its not the same as sosa....sosa is still asked about the cubs and was released because of problems he had. maggs was released cuz his contract was up. Sosa has more of a right to talk about the cubs cuz that was a bigger issue. THis maggs stuff has gone too far...seriously, what is he trying to accomplish? KW never tried to make it sound worse than it was, he stated the facts so that the fans would know why more of an effort wasnt made to pursue him...otherwise the fans woulda gotten on KW for letting him go. for as little as maggs talked while he was in chicago, he sure is talking in motorcity. i liked him alot better when he kept his damn mouth shut

Hey OZ.. why don't you shut your mouth as well.. Who cares WTF Maggs is saying.. Worry about the Sox and the Division..not about a Det Tiger.

Cannot disagree with this viewpoint.

Both sides should zip it, and move on.

I know the papers need something to write about, but this whole thing has been beaten to death.

QUOTE(JimH @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)

I know the papers need something to write about, but this whole thing has been beaten to death.

I agree Jim but this is ozzie so he's never going to be able to keep his mouth shut. He was obviously asked about Maggs comments and just had enough. I know two wrongs don't make a right but in this instance I have no problem with Ozzie shooting back at Maggs. I do agree though, lets just beat maggs ass on the field.

this story is going to fade for a few weeks -- but it will come back if Maggs gets off to a good start and then it will really come back every time Magglio comes to Chicago this season.

Same thing when Sammy makes his trip to The Cell.

Would have been better if Magglio had gone to the other league or at least another division.

But with him in the Central, this story is going to have a long, long shelf life.

Best thing the Sox can do is get ahead of the Tigers and stay there and hope Maggs doesn't hit .310 with 100 Ribbies.

Otherwise ... it ain't going away and it ain't gonna be pleasant.

QUOTE(JimH @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)

I can disagree. Maggs seems to be talking about the Sox non-stop.

If this is all Ozzie's gonna say, than it's fine by me that he made his statements.

Now he can move on...

When you have a guy talking s*** about you, who has created a reputation of being a solid ballplayer and a good guy, falsely labeled or not, you have to protect your own image. In this case, Magglio has continuously trashed our organization in recent months for decreasing his value, being cheap and not caring about winning.

In other cases, I'd say don't respond and let the issue die. In this case, I have absolutely no problem with Ozzie doing what he did and its probably in the Sox best interests to respond to his false claims.

I guess my point is, taking Maggs criticism in stride would not help our situation. And Anthrax, while you may have a point in your criticisms of Ozzie, it seems firmly clouded behind whatever vendetta you seem to have for anything Sox management does.

Seriously man, what is the deal? Wait, don't answer that.

Edited by KevHead0881

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 12:51 AM)

What does Rogers expect? Did anyone anticipate Ozzie disagreeing with management's decision to decline arbitration based on comments uttered 7 years ago? Whether or not he believed management created a smear campaign, it's his job to spin everything pro-whitesox.

f***ing dolt.

Seriously, it's ridiculous. It appears no matter how Guillen addressed this issue, criticism was awaiting.

Edited by Flash Tizzle