What's your favorite movie

Soxy

Excellent idea for a thread, but no source of debate in my mind.

Blues Brothers. Hands down.

I believe it won this award in a Chicago cable guide a few years back. Acually, more than a few years back. I think it was aout 5 years ago.

IIRC, it was

#1 Blues Brothers

#2 The Untouchables

#3 Ferris Bueler's Day Off

...and so on.

Do you any of you Chicagoans remember this issue?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Home Alone was in Chicago right?  That was an all time class back when I was a wee lad.  And dare I say Ghostbusters, although I may be wrong and that could of been in New York.

Sorry to bust your balls jason, but Ghostbusters was filmed in NYC. The interior of the Ghostbusters Headquarters was filmed in LA. Trust me...The Ghostbusters nerd knows...

But back to the topic...

Blue Brothers has to be my favorite. Even though they shot a clip at Wrigley, it still has some great Chicago spots in... I even like Blues Brothers 2000...such a box-office bomb too... :headshake

If anyone has had a chance to see the previews from The Weatherman with Nicolas Cage, that's a movie that is set to be released, filmed in Chicago.

The real thing of interest is that they filmed it last summer, but there is snow all over the movie.

How'd they do it you ask?

Tons of fake snow all over the place, which took a lot of work by the crew on the movie. They actually brought fake snow downtown during the dog days of summer to film some of the scenes. Should be very interesting to see how well its pulled off when it releases.

You are all forgetting a great movie...not my favorite, but still great.

The Negotiator

I'd have to go with

1. Blues Brothers

2. Ferris Bueller's Day Off

3. Sixteen Candles (since I went to Junior High right next door to Niles East, where they shot the high school scenes)

4. The Fugitive

5. The Negotiator.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 05:05 PM)
If anyone has had a chance to see the previews from The Weatherman with Nicolas Cage, that's a movie that is set to be released, filmed in Chicago.

The real thing of interest is that they filmed it last summer, but there is snow all over the movie.

How'd they do it you ask?

Tons of fake snow all over the place, which took a lot of work by the crew on the movie. They actually brought fake snow downtown during the dog days of summer to film some of the scenes.  Should be very interesting to see how well its pulled off when it releases.

I missed that one. I have seen tons of movies done downtown in the past 6 years, but I haven't seen any with fake snow. I have seen a lot of ERs done with real snow on Van Burean at the library, but I can't recall any fake snow.

A League Of Their Own, plus it is one of the greatest films ever.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go give the wife a pickle tickle. LOL!!!

And yes, John Hughes apologizes to Sox fans in the commentary for Ferris for using the Cubs, as he is a Sox fan.

Edited by Kid Gleason