Crede is batting .271 this spring!

Jabroni

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 09:02 AM)
Fan's dig the homerun , no doubt about it. If u you need proof read yesterday game thread. There was plenty of talk about all the home runs but when Az. was hitting  nary a word was said about Adkins pitching or his final line for the day ( 5 innings only 1 hit allowed).

We would all love having great defense combined with great ofense all rolled up in every player at every position but that just aint gonna happen.

Actually all I want out of Crede is solid defense and a .280-.300 average...IMO, .295, 8 HR's, 80RBI's > .240, 28HR's, 80RBI's. We need baserunners, not home runs.

As for Adkins, I'm excited about how well he pitched but I think his best fit is in the bullpen. And I think we will see him back up here in that capacity in the near future. Its convenient how he pitched great after he knew his destination was Charlotte. Best of luck to him and we will see him back here soon!

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
I know how you feel, sometimes you have to wonder if you are being ignored...God knows I have tried to put myself on ignore but it just never seems to work :bang

Frankly I didnt even know there was an ignore feature ,but I could never use it. I know we all share a common thread and that is a world championship for our beloved White Sox.

There is only one person who's posts annoy me slightly but being a relative newbie and the person I refer to is considered a God/Goddess around here , I'll choose the high road and STFU.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 09:16 AM)
There is only one person who's posts annoy me slightly but being a relative newbie and the person I refer to is considered a God/Goddess around here , I'll choose the high road and STFU.

Oh the suspense is killing me to find out who it is!!! :P

Crede always shows me just enough to keep the hopes alive, then he looks terrible for 3 weeks.

Maybe he has adjusted to the changes Walker and he have worked on, I sure hope that's the case.

With no other realistic 3B options ( at least none that wouldn't involve shuffling the infield around ), Crede is very important to the Sox hopes this year.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 09:12 AM)
Actually all I want out of Crede is solid defense and a .280-.300 average...IMO, .295, 8 HR's, 80RBI's > .240, 28HR's, 80RBI's. We need baserunners, not home runs.

.280-.300? That's probably asking a little much. Plus Joe's HRs will clear the bases for Uribe & Pods to run wild.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 09:12 AM)

As for Adkins, I'm excited about how well he pitched but I think his best fit is in the bullpen. And I think we will see him back up here in that capacity in the near future. Its convenient how he pitched great after he knew his destination was Charlotte. Best of luck to him and we will see him back here soon!

If Crede plays enough to get 80 RBI, he will have at least 20 or so HR. He's that type of hitter. No way he has 80 RBI and less than 10 HR.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 09:02 AM)
It's funny how on a team thats supposed to be build around speed and defense that our most speedy guy (Harris) and some of our best defensive players (Crede and Harris) seem to be on a short leash. In today's game lack of offensive production at any position gets you benched. Someone like Mark Belanger ( a light hitting, great fielding shortstop of the Orioles great teams of the late 60's to mid 70's) would never make it in today's era of smash mouth baseball.

Fan's dig the homerun , no doubt about it. If u you need proof read yesterday game thread. There was plenty of talk about all the home runs but when Az. was hitting  nary a word was said about Adkins pitching or his final line for the day ( 5 innings only 1 hit allowed).

We would all love having great defense combined with great ofense all rolled up in every player at every position but that just aint gonna happen.

That's very true about Belanger. The only way he'd play consistently in today's game is if he was on a team that was already loaded with hitters.

Otherwise he'd be a late-inning defensive guy, and make the minimum ( which ironically, is most likely waaaaay more than he ever made back then anyway ).

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 03:02 PM)
It's funny how on a team thats supposed to be build around speed and defense that our most speedy guy (Harris) and some of our best defensive players (Crede and Harris) seem to be on a short leash. In today's game lack of offensive production at any position gets you benched. Someone like Mark Belanger ( a light hitting, great fielding shortstop of the Orioles great teams of the late 60's to mid 70's) would never make it in today's era of smash mouth baseball.

It's not just about poor offensive numbers with Willie and Crede. If they could make productive outs, Ozzie and Co. wouldn't be so hard on them. For Willie, its about the easy 2 hop GB to 2b, the lack of bunting ability, the pop flies. For Joe, it's about the pop out, and the 3 pitch at bat strikeout. Even if players don't have great offensive numbers, if they can move runners over, hit to the opposite field, and consistently have AB's where they make the pitchers work, that kind of offense is needed. I think hitters who are consistently tough outs are granted a longer leash than those who aren't. So far, Willie and Joe haven't been consistently tough outs for the Sox.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 09:58 AM)
It's not just about poor offensive numbers with Willie and Crede. If they could make productive outs, Ozzie and Co. wouldn't be so hard on them. For Willie, its about the easy 2 hop GB to 2b, the lack of bunting ability, the pop flies. For Joe, it's about the pop out, and the 3 pitch at bat strikeout. Even if players don't have great offensive numbers, if they can move runners over, hit to the opposite field, and consistently have AB's where they make the pitchers work, that kind of offense is needed. I think hitters who are consistently tough outs are granted a longer leash than those who aren't. So far, Willie and Joe haven't been consistently tough outs for the Sox.

Their outs have been consistently tough on Sox fans. :headshake

I've always been on the Crede bandwagon. If the Sox unload him, they're going to regret it. Crede is a stud. He will be as good as Mike Lowell one day. The guy just had to make some adjustments. It's not like he had 5 bad years in a row.

I predict for Crede this year - .267 , 28 homers and 88 rbi's - and next year even better. And, you don't have to worry about the guy on defense.

QUOTE:

Sure, eight of his 16 hits have come in two games, but consistency is so overrated.

I prefer to look at this as the glass being 1/2 full. He's been working out in a batting cage at home all winter long so I know his bat speed, strength, & conditioning is there this season. All he needed was to get his timing down for the filthy stuff ML pitcher's throw.

Going 4-4 in any game is very difficult to do. Having 8 hits in 2 games is strong evidence it's finally clicked for him. If he continues to do this for the rest of ST I'll be very hopefully for Joe's last year w the ChiSox. If he has his best year to date Boras is going to want big $'s for him. I don't see the ChiSox overpaying for Crede.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Mar 31, 2005 -> 11:24 AM)
QUOTE:

Sure, eight of his 16 hits have come in two games, but consistency is so overrated.

I prefer to look at this as the glass being 1/2 full.  He's been working out in a batting cage at home all winter long so I know his bat speed, strength, & conditioning is there this season.  All he needed was to get his timing down for the filthy stuff ML pitcher's throw.

Going 4-4 in any game is very difficult to do.  Having 8 hits in 2 games is strong evidence it's finally clicked for him.  If he continues to do this for the rest of ST I'll be very hopefully for Joe's last year w the ChiSox.  If he has his best year to date Boras is going to want big $'s for him.  I don't see the ChiSox overpaying for Crede.

Well let's hope Crede sucks this year so we can still afford him.