And That's a White Sox Winner!!!!!

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 11:42 PM)
A homerun is the only play in baseball that ensures at least one run.  I don't know how you can say that.

But, I really don't care how we win.  A win's a win, we can analyze what went wrong, but in the end, that increasing number on the left side column is the most important thing...

Yeah a homerun can ensure a run... but you kind of have to hit it first.... and we saw last year when we were down by 1-2 every guy swing for the fences and it didnt exactly work very will did it..... On the other hand its easier to get a single or double and a sac bunt would put that man in position to score.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
On the other hand its easier to get a single or double and a sac bunt would put that man in position to score.

I disagree that it's easier to double AND sac bunt to put a guy into position to score (remember, he hasn't scored yet) than to hit a homer or back-to-back doubles. This is especially true for a team like the Sox where NOBODY knows how to bunt. :headshake

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 03:10 AM)
I disagree that it's easier to double AND sac bunt to put a guy into position to score (remember, he hasn't scored yet) than to hit a homer or back-to-back doubles.  This is especially true for a team like the Sox where NOBODY knows how to bunt. :headshake

well id assume that Podsenick and Iguchi can both bunt and that Ozzie has worked on bunting for everyone during spring training.... last year your right... we couldnt bunt but you have to believe Ozzie had everyone working on bunting this off-season.

And Dye showed you last game dont always need to bunt a long flyball works fine too.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
well id assume that Podsenick and Iguchi can both bunt and that Ozzie has worked on bunting for everyone during spring training.... last year your right... we couldnt bunt but you have to believe Ozzie had everyone working on bunting this off-season.

Last year? Hell, we haven't been able to bunt since Gene Lamont was running the squad.

I love the fact that Ozzie is trying to get this squad to play solid fundamental ball, but I'm not going to gulp down the Ozzie Kool Aid just yet. I want to see it before I buy into it. I've been looking for effective bunting and base-running from this squad for the past decade and haven't seen jack s***.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt35 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 04:12 AM)
Last year?  Hell, we haven't been able to bunt since Gene Lamont was running the squad.

I love the fact that Ozzie is trying to get this squad to play solid fundamental ball, but I'm not going to gulp down the Ozzie Kool Aid just yet.  I want to see it before I buy into it.  I've been looking for effective bunting and base-running from this squad for the past decade and haven't seen jack s***.

Well thats because Jerry Manuel was our manager b4.... last year Ozzie openly complained about the lack of bunting and s***.... Id assume he would have everyone work on it but your right we still need some more time to see what this club is all about.

But hey good start so far right. :cheers

QUOTE(TLAK @ Apr 5, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)
For the record, in 04 the Sox were

Shut out 8 times.

0-13  when scoring 1 run

1-23  when scoring 2 runs

this adds up to 1-44 in low scoring games.

Wow...thats an alarming stat...Luckily we aren't the same "2 runners on base = 3 run homer time!!" team that we have tried to be in the past.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 02:16 AM)
Wow...thats an alarming stat...Luckily we aren't the same "2 runners on base = 3 run homer time!!" team that we have tried to be in the past.

What's alarming about a team losing games that they don't score many runs in? Seems like most teams would have ugly losing records in games they scored 2 or less runs.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 6, 2005 -> 02:34 AM)
I don't think most of us as fans actually sit and think of the aggregate sum of things until we actually see them in print or text. I just didnt realize we ONLY scored 2 runs or less in 45 of our games YAS

Now there is something I can agree with.