Bulls win finale!

BridgeportHeather

Eddie Curry was flat out dominating tonight, until he fouled out, getting a well-deserved standing ovation. The Bulls clearly beat Philadelphia real good tonight.

And they get 30 wins for the year. I'm pumped up about the future for this team.

WOW someone is bitter about the Bulls... I mean why would you not want to see this team I wish I could have seen them this year I love the way they played to close out the season and I am already looking forward to draft and next season especially after the past subpar season I know a good season is coming :headbang :headbang

This team is what losing teams are about. I'm not being sarcastic either. These guys are playing their asses off and trying every game. I never see any quit out of them and its paying off.

Crawford was a freaking stud tonight and you could just see how much fun everyone was having.

Awesome game. Thank god I was watching this over that crap on WCIU (Not that I get WCIU)

No, I'm saying if your a losing team you should look at the Bulls and take notes. Most losing teams play like crap, play lazy and just look like they are waiting for the season to end.

This bulls team plays their ass off day in and day off and it paid off. Its that type of hard work that led to their drastic improvement over the season and its that type of work that will make them a playoff team next year and in the future a Championship squad.

These guys want to win and these guys love eachother and play hard. God I hope they don't get screwed up like the Sox seem to of. Remember the days the Sox used to play like they loved the game.

Damn, when do we get to see that again? I never taped the 2000 season so If someone has some tapes please send them my way so I can watch the SOx playing real ball.

OH ya, No I haven't panicked, just sick and tired of seeing stupid mistakes. If a team gets beat I got no problems, its when they beat themselves that really pisses me off.

Basically if i'm a bulls fan, which i'm really not, i feel good about next year or at least the near future. Got some young guys who play night in and night out and have some talent. With a new GM in place, who knows where this team will end up.

In the other locker room you have the Hawks. Roster was filled with aging, crappy veterans all year and only a few young talents. Played like crap all year and gave up in most games. Not exciting to watch, offers me no hope for next year, and as of this moment, Smith is still the GM. Hawks will never do anything with that guy at the helm.

Bulls show much more promise than the Hawks right now. Huge difference between both teams losing, and while the Hawks were more "successful" this year, going into next year i'd rather be a bulls fan.

Bulls show much more promise than the Hawks right now. Huge difference between both teams losing, and while the Hawks were more "successful" this year, going into next year i'd rather be a bulls fan.

Not so. The Hawks and Bulls both finished with 30 wins this season. Neither team was more successful.

Hence successful is in quotes. The hawks were unbelievable the first half and were headed towards the playoffs while the bulls were really never thought to be in the hunt, but yea, both teams ended up doing jack.

Though the bulls won't make the playoffs next year, the short term future i think is better until Smith proves this draft picks of his are worth the praise they've received....and once he signs Ruutu damn it.

This team is what losing teams are about.

??? What are you saying here? Are you implying that the Bulls only played like this down the stretch, because they had nothing to lose?

You know, as much as I think the Bulls are headed in the right direction - especially after the Hamster resigned, or was forced out, or whatever - they still have to prove that they can do this when something is on the line. A lot of guys can relax and play balls-out when the season's already lost ( see Fred McGriff ), but there will be higher expectations next year.

I'm optimistic and excited to see what they can do next season, especially if they get a good bounce at the draft lottery.

That mid-March home game against the Lakers epitomizes what I think this Bulls team can really become. In that game, save a few minutes here and there, the Bulls came out for blood, were all over the boards, and displayed a deep passion to just shove it down the Lakers' throats. The past couple home games as well give me the feeling that the Bulls just needed a little more gelling time to get going. I am highly confident that if this team keeps together and practices over the offseason, they can do some major damage in the Eastern Conference! The chemistry is there, and all they need is to keep the cohesion intact.

I believe 500 would be a reasonable expectation for this squad next year...lets face it, that would be an 11 game improvement which is pretty damn good....maybe an 8th or even a 7th seed is possible....however, in order for that to occur the following questions have to be answered:

1. How do they gain the confidence to win on the road? Even as their confidence grew as the season progressed, they were still not able to put four quarters together and beat teams on the own court.

2. What will be the makeup of the backcourt and will JPax change BC's reluctance to play JW and JC together? I think, these two can become nasty together next year given the opportunity and that the excuse that they can't play together because of defensive liabilities is crap...

3. If they move one of the young guards and Rose stays at the #2, how do they improve the #3 position? Where is the defensive minded SF who can play in transition and defend the opponants #1 guy?

4. Brunson, Hoiberg, MasonJr, Baxter and Blount are not under contract next year and the Bull have an option on Hassell.....which of these guys are around next year?

5. What the hell are we gonna do with Robinson? Bagaric? Both of these guys are under contract for the next 3 and 2 year respectively and I can't imagine a team in the league interested in the kind of money the Bull are paying them....will JR be willing to admit the Smurf f***ed up both signings by trading them away or just cutting them and eating their salaries?

6. How good will Curry get when he learns to stay out of foul trouble?

7. How successful will Paxson be in negotiating deals with other GM's as well as selling the city and club to potential free agents?

GO BULLS!!!!!

I believe 500 would be a reasonable expectation for this squad next year...lets face it, that would be an 11 game improvement which is pretty damn good....maybe an 8th or even a 7th seed is possible....however, in order for that to occur the following questions have to be answered:

1.  How do they gain the confidence to win on the road?  Even as their confidence grew as the season progressed, they were still not able to put four quarters together and beat teams on the own court.

2.  What will be the makeup of the backcourt and will JPax change BC's reluctance to play JW and JC together?  I think, these two can become nasty together next year given the opportunity and that the excuse that they can't play together because of defensive liabilities is crap...

3.  If they move one of the young guards and Rose stays at the #2, how do they improve the #3 position?  Where is the defensive minded SF who can play in transition and defend the opponants #1 guy?

4.  Brunson, Hoiberg, MasonJr, Baxter and Blount are not under contract next year and the Bull have an option on Hassell.....which of these guys are around next year?

5.  What the hell are we gonna do with Robinson? Bagaric?  Both of these guys are under contract for the next 3 and 2 year respectively and I can't imagine a team in the league interested in the kind of money the Bull are paying them....will JR be willing to admit the Smurf f***ed up both signings by trading them away or just cutting them and eating their salaries?

6.  How good will Curry get when he learns to stay out of foul trouble?

7.  How successful will Paxson be in negotiating deals with other GM's as well as selling the city and club to potential free agents?

GO BULLS!!!!!

1. I think the home court advantage is all mental. They have to play even more aggressively on the road, press the other team and create scoring chances.

2. Doesn't sound like Paxson likes the JC/JW backcourt, not for extended minutes anyway. Look for one to be dealt, I think.

3. In your scenario, SF is definitely an area that Pax will have to address. I don't know who might be available, so I can't comment on that.

4. I think Baxter and Hassell get another chance.

5. My guess is that they keep Robinson and eat Bagaric's salary. Bagaric has not shown anything above the most basic skills, where at least Robinson has flashed more than that in the past.

6. Very......very good. Don't know if he'll ever get TOO much more disciplined, though. He had better stop taking the ticky-tack fouls. If you're going to foul them, get your money's worth.

7. Paxson has the respect of players around the league for what he did on the court, and he's a straight shooter. I'd be very surprised if the Bulls DON'T land a significant FA in the near future. As for trades. that takes two, so we'll have to wait and see.

it will be interesting to see how the Bulls progress next year - I also think that at least .500 is a reasonable expectation. That should land a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.

I think they'll trade the pick. A 6-7 pick could get a good veteran combo guard.

If i'm Paxson i try and trade JC and a 1st round pick for Anderi Kirilenko. I strongly doubt the Jazz would even consider that deal, but i'd be worth a shot.

As for FA's the Bulls won't be picking up anybody good. They'll probably pick up a few probably veteran's.