Barons Game 4/12 @ Carolina

BHAMBARONS

BARONS 3 Carolina 1

Barons Box 4-12

W-BULL (1-1 4.50) L-Johnson (1-1 0.82) SV B. Jenks (2)

Bullard 6IP 3H 1R 2BB 4K's

Johnson 5.2IP 5H 3R 3BB 6K's

Good- The Bull was outstanding was on cruise control the whole outing. Took advantage of a Carolina misplay ala Crede's mistake which instead of ending the inning put runners at 2nd 3rd which the Barons got those runs in that was the differnece in the game. Willie Glen did a good in his inning of scoreless ball. Meaux was outstanding in his inning. Jenks came in and closed it out with a little drama but got a good hitter in Chris Ashby to guess wrong on a 3-1 pitch with tying runners on in the 9th. Ashby guess fastball got change and weakly grounded out to end the game. The Defense was outstanding.

Bad- Not much other than the team is Strikeing out at an alarming another 11 today makes 4 out 6 games in Double figures and every game at least 7 K's.

Rubber Game tomorrow Last game of this 7 Road Trip with Tracey on the bump tomorrow.

Edited by BHAMBARONS

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)
Question.

When McCarthy gets the call up to Chi-Town, is Bull next in line to Charlotte, or is someone like Sean Tracey ahead of him?

I'd assume Bull. This is Tracey's 1st stint at B-Ham, so he'll probably be there for a while yet.

Miller is one of those guys that will be interesting to watch. He could be one of those players that sees a good jump in velocity pitching out of the pen and could find his way up the ladder quite a bit quicker now that he's in the pen.

Lord knows I've never bought into Phil Rogers hype of the guy, but he's solid.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2005 -> 01:05 PM)
Question.

When McCarthy gets the call up to Chi-Town, is Bull next in line to Charlotte, or is someone like Sean Tracey ahead of him?

Don't forget Felix Diaz is still out there and he will fill a slot at some point.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2005 -> 12:27 AM)
Good point I forgot about him being on the DL.  When does extended Spring Training end?

It doesn't........ technically, i guess it ends when short-season ball begins. After that I guess it is just called rehab for those nursing injuries, usually of the long-term variety.