The other thing that pisses me off

southsider2k5

Guest hotsoxchick1

well go look on nbc.com, you can probably find the sound bite or something on there.. check the chicago area of the site........and im sure abc has one too........of course you didnt need me to tell ya that right....... ;) :D

That's a pretty nice idea actually, and while people will say that will deter fans from the park and less tickets sold, so be it. I'd rather have way less people there and have it be a nice crowd rather than have a nice half price night crowd and that stuff going on. I can say that because i'm a fan, of course the organization cares about the bottom line. But after a 2nd incident, you would think they will put that aside for right now and start to try to prevent this.

People have said well oh this stuff could happen anywhere. The thing is, it hasn't....it's happened twice here, and like my one friend likes to say, once is an accident, twice is a trend...something needs to be done

Koch.. it happens more than you think. Ya just don't hear about it. Happened twice in Detroit last week. Happened at San Frans home opener. Happened during the blizzard at OP@CY on their opening day. Did you hear about any of those..??

Uh, they didn't attack coaches and or umps did they? Getting on the field in general is bad, but there's a difference between just wanting to run on the field and between attacking someone. We've made headlines with these two incidents, those other ones were swept under the rug obviously.

Alright, first of all.. they guy last night did NOT attack anyone. He ran up to the ump and BEFORE he did anything the ump took him down. His own words are in the Sun-Times if you don't believe me.

And second.. yes, those incidents were swept under the rug. Get my point..?

Yes he did attack the ump!!! If he went right up to him, that's enough! There's a huge difference between running around the outfield and going up to someone go cause harm; it doesn't matter if the guy took him out right away or how many punches were thrown, it's the fact that he went right after the ump, he wasn't running around for the helluva it.

The reason they were swept under the rug was because no one was attacked. I'd like to see you explain why this is such a big deal if no one was "attacked" or at least clearly targeted. We've had 2 of these now.

I was looking for a link to the statements.  There are some people who don't believe Cub fans could have done this!  Ask Chad Krueter and Randy Myers what they are capable of!

Randy Myers will tell you that they're capable of taking a punch! :lol:

I remember that - it was great. Myers wanted to kill that moron, and I wanted to watch!

i beginning to believe they need to limit beer sales too...its too bad responsible fans and the vendor s will be the ones who suffer but this has to stop...we arnt very far away from a "monica seles" incident

think what would happen to the sox if a real tradegy happened on the field and a player ,ump or coach was seriously injured or even killed...how far would MLB go then to restrain us???...as far as contracting the sox..maybe moving the team???...

fans , or the criminal element has now taken this to the next level...the sox , in regaurds to security have to do the same....

if nothing is done at the very least this incident will hurt attendance...out of town fans have another excuse not to come to comiskey..can you blame them??...if you dont live here and all you have to go on is your perception from what the media shows you would think you were taking your family into a war zone (exaggerating but you get the point)...

steff..i enjoy my share of brewskis at the ballpark too..and i have never even thought about running onto the field..but its us responsible fans that will to shoulder the burden because of the few idiots im afraid

I would suggest:

1. rigidly enforcing seating in the lower deck boxes. No ticket for there, no seat. I doubt the regulars who sit in the lower deck boxes are doing this but I bet it is people who buy tickets for elsewhere and move into those seats during the game.

2. Prosecute - although that is not in the Sox' hands, that is in the hands of the Cook County states attorney.

3. Make an announcement that if it happens again, beer sales will be cut off earlier or some other system will be used to limit beer sales. It would do wonders for self-policing.

4. Consider making some of the easy access seats "family friendly" as in no beer at all.

i beginning to believe they need to limit beer sales too...its too bad responsible fans and the vendor s will be the ones who suffer but this has to stop...we arnt very far away from a "monica seles" incident

that is exactly what is scary.

Other than the bad reputation and the loss in out of town ticket sales, etc etc etc is the possibility of that type of incident.

And we have to stop selling beer to visibly drunk people. The $4.50 a beer isn't worth it.

The Safeway section here in Calgary for their football games has a family huddle section which=no booze and no smoking, also the cheapest tickets in the stadium. That would work in the Cell with minimal effort. On the s*** side for an example, the guy at the Flames game I was at, who was naked that jumped on the ice knocked himself out and delayed a 3-3 tied game in the 3rd period for 20 minutes, got a 2000 fine. That's it, $2000, I wanted him charged with mischief,public drunkinness,tresspassing and idecent exposure, and anything else there is for that situation. Everyone cheered for him and booed the cops it was pathetic, it was a tied game for christ sakes! I have a feeling that however you limit beer sales, people will find a way. Buying sober people's punch cards, ect. I hope they try something though, there is no glory in being a f***ing knob!

That's a pretty nice idea actually, and while people will say that will deter fans from the park and less tickets sold, so be it. I'd rather have way less people there and have it be a nice crowd rather than have a nice half price night crowd and that stuff going on. I can say that because i'm a fan, of course the organization cares about the bottom line. But after a 2nd incident, you would think they will put that aside for right now and start to try to prevent this.

People have said well oh this stuff could happen anywhere. The thing is, it hasn't....it's happened twice here, and like my one friend likes to say, once is an accident, twice is a trend...something needs to be done

Koch.. it happens more than you think. Ya just don't hear about it. Happened twice in Detroit last week. Happened at San Frans home opener. Happened during the blizzard at OP@CY on their opening day. Did you hear about any of those..??

Uh, they didn't attack coaches and or umps did they? Getting on the field in general is bad, but there's a difference between just wanting to run on the field and between attacking someone. We've made headlines with these two incidents, those other ones were swept under the rug obviously.

Alright, first of all.. they guy last night did NOT attack anyone. He ran up to the ump and BEFORE he did anything the ump took him down. His own words are in the Sun-Times if you don't believe me.

And second.. yes, those incidents were swept under the rug. Get my point..?

Yes he did attack the ump!!! If he went right up to him, that's enough! There's a huge difference between running around the outfield and going up to someone go cause harm; it doesn't matter if the guy took him out right away or how many punches were thrown, it's the fact that he went right after the ump, he wasn't running around for the helluva it.

The reason they were swept under the rug was because no one was attacked. I'd like to see you explain why this is such a big deal if no one was "attacked" or at least clearly targeted. We've had 2 of these now.

It should be a BIG DEAL EVERY TIME IT HAPPENS!!! No matter if anyone is touched, attacked, approached or not.

Do you get it now?

By the way.. were you at the game last night?