Royals say they won't take the field

zach23

I highly doubt they would back the decision. MLB would then have to find a neutral site at Chicago to play the games, and Wrigley is not it. We're not playing 18 games at KC. They don't want to take the field because they're a bunch of pussies, they should lose the game. Simple as that.

The Sox need somebody to act as an enforcer on the team...\

Druken excess needs to be not tolerated, and the Sox need to do whatever other steps are necessary to protect those on the field. A team enforcer is not the solution. A member of the team needs to watching the game, not doing security. And lets say PK is the team enforcer and the next drunk on the field has a knife - you want PK to take the knife in his gut, or do we let trained security handle the problems?

Royals don't want to play? Fine, more forfeit wins for us.

My bet is that the league would back the Royals decision and the game would not be called a forfeit

My bet is MLB will demand a security plan which has probably been written and submitted already and the game will be played, perhaps tonight in the most intense security ever.

If a forfeit were to happen, we'd take the loss, on that I would bet everything. As home team we have to priovide a safe and secure environment. If we can't, then we lose, not the visitor.

highly doubt they would back the decision. MLB would then have to find a neutral site at Chicago to play the games, and Wrigley is not it. We're not playing 18 games at KC. They don't want to take the field because they're a bunch of pussies, they should lose the game. Simple as that.

No, they would not find a neutral site, or play at KC. If they decided not to play the MLB would back their decision...then probably send somebody to see what the Sox are doing to beef up security, then if they are satisfied they would tell the Royals to play again, and any games missed during the process would be made up at the Cell later.

highly doubt they would back the decision. MLB would then have to find a neutral site at Chicago to play the games, and Wrigley is not it. We're not playing 18 games at KC. They don't want to take the field because they're a bunch of pussies, they should lose the game. Simple as that.

No, they would not find a neutral site, or play at KC. If they decided not to play the MLB would back their decision...then probably send somebody to see what the Sox are doing to beef up security, then if they are satisfied they would tell the Royals to play again, and any games missed during the process would be made up at the Cell later.

bingo

Royals don't want to play? Fine, more forfeit wins for us.

My bet is that the league would back the Royals decision and the game would not be called a forfeit

My bet is MLB will demand a security plan which has probably been written and submitted already and the game will be played, perhaps tonight in the most intense security ever.

If a forfeit were to happen, we'd take the loss, on that I would bet everything. As home team we have to priovide a safe and secure environment. If we can't, then we lose, not the visitor.

According to my rep the Sox, umps, and the head of security have already agreed the park is safe. If KC refuses to play they get the loss.

If this happened twice to the Sox in KC, we'd be b****ing about not taking the field. It's a legitimate concern, and anyone that says Randa should be thrown at is absolutely out of their mind. Put yourself in his shoes...people have been all over the field during their games, it's not a safe atmosphere. What if a guy has some sort of weapon and gets a player from behind? It's very possible. I respect their decision to demand increased security. They have the right to be safe out there. The amount of money they make has nothing to do with it. You don't sign a contract saying oh well since you make a ton of money, the risk involved of being attacked by a fan, oh well you have to put up with that and if it happens oh well..you must play under unsafe playing conditions. Bulls***! Think about what you are saying here...don't be pissed at the royals when it's clearly our organization's fault. Don't move the blame or try to point fingers at other people

If this happened twice to the Sox in KC, we'd be b****ing about not taking the field. It's a legitimate concern, and anyone that says Randa should be thrown at is absolutely out of their mind. Put yourself in his shoes...people have been all over the field during their games, it's not a safe atmosphere. What if a guy has some sort of weapon and gets a player from behind? It's very possible. I respect their decision to demand increased security. They have the right to be safe out there. The amount of money they make has nothing to do with it. You don't sign a contract saying oh well since you make a ton of money, the risk involved of being attacked by a fan, oh well you have to put up with that and if it happens oh well..you must play under unsafe playing conditions. Bulls***!  Think about what you are saying here...don't be pissed at the royals when it's clearly our organization's fault. Don't move the blame or try to point fingers at other people

bingo

be interesting to see what happens but im about 95% sure the game will go on as scheduled..

Unless it rains ;) . As for the mope being a Cub fan, take this for what it's worth..... Steve Dahl, on 105.9 WCKG, read a news item attributed to ESPN where the dickweeds fiance stated that her soon-to-be-husband is a Cubs fan :lol:

be interesting to see what happens but im about 95% sure the game will go on as scheduled..

Unless it rains ;) . As for the mope being a Cub fan, take this for what it's worth..... Steve Dahl, on 105.9 WCKG, read a news item attributed to ESPN where the dickweeds fiance stated that her soon-to-be-husband is a Cubs fan :lol:

She was on the news as well.

She was on the news as well.

Jerry Springer people enjoying their moment in the sun :angry:

The best on-the-field retribution I ever saw happened many years ago when a Baltimore Colt linebacker named Mike Curtis really tattooed the idiot who ran on the field.  Can't remember when, but I'm sure it was in the 1970's.

That was awesome. I saw that a few years back on a ESPN show about unruly fans during sporting events. It was more of a derivation on a clothesline though I think ;) .

Another good one was compliments of "Da Coach" Mike Ditka who tackled a fan who ran onto the field during their huddle back when Ditka was a player. Another great hit :headbang

If this happened twice to the Sox in KC, we'd be b****ing about not taking the field. It's a legitimate concern, and anyone that says Randa should be thrown at is absolutely out of their mind. Put yourself in his shoes...people have been all over the field during their games, it's not a safe atmosphere. What if a guy has some sort of weapon and gets a player from behind? It's very possible. I respect their decision to demand increased security. They have the right to be safe out there. The amount of money they make has nothing to do with it. You don't sign a contract saying oh well since you make a ton of money, the risk involved of being attacked by a fan, oh well you have to put up with that and if it happens oh well..you must play under unsafe playing conditions. Bulls***!  Think about what you are saying here...don't be pissed at the royals when it's clearly our organization's fault. Don't move the blame or try to point fingers at other people

Right on buddy. The thread of the year award goes to u man.

Right on buddy. The thread of the year award goes to u man.

I agree, great post and lets not forget what happened to Monica Seles.