Michael Moore is running for Pope

southsider2k5

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 08:45 AM)
The first thing I thought was "I wonder when his next movie is coming out?"

I'm still waiting for leftist twits like him, George Soros, Barbara Streisand, George Clooney......etc....etc... to flee the country for France or Canada like they promised to when Bush won re-election. I still wouldn't like any of them but at least they'd score some points for integrity with me.

I wont hold my breath.

He's the O'Reilly of the left -- insane, moronic but at times makes a good point. This, however, is not one of them.

And BigHurt, leftists aren't necessarily anti-religion since there are a lot of people in liberation theology and follow the religious teachings of Helder Camara or Oscar Romero that are leftist. When religion is used as a sticking point to justify bigotry (be it limiting civil rights to people -- since marriage is a civil institution and not a religious one since one can get a marriage in a courthouse or using religion to justify hatred of all things Muslim...etc. etc.) Turn on Trinity Broadcasting Network and you get a nice sense of what the radical fringe insane religious Christian Taliban wants to do. It is no secret that they want to:

-remove the use and availability of contraceptives

-determine arbitrary morals of what people should see/hear in TV/radio/CDs/internet

-deny rights to homosexuals in a very selective enforcement of the laws in Leviticus

I could go on but unfortunately for now, I need to get ready for a group meeting with our sociology professor regarding our final semester project.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 10:37 AM)
And BigHurt, leftists aren't necessarily anti-religion since there are a lot of people in liberation theology and follow the religious teachings of Helder Camara or Oscar Romero that are leftist.

When did I ever say that all leftists are anti-religious? :huh:

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 10:37 AM)
He's the O'Reilly of the left -- insane, moronic but at times makes a good point.  This, however, is not one of them.

And BigHurt, leftists aren't necessarily anti-religion since there are a lot of people in liberation theology and follow the religious teachings of Helder Camara or Oscar Romero that are leftist.  When religion is used as a sticking point to justify bigotry (be it limiting civil rights to people -- since marriage is a civil institution and not a religious one since one can get a marriage in a courthouse or using religion to justify hatred of all things Muslim...etc. etc.)  Turn on Trinity Broadcasting Network and you get a nice sense of what the radical fringe insane religious Christian Taliban wants to do.  It is no secret that they want to:

-remove the use and availability of contraceptives

-determine arbitrary morals of what people should see/hear in TV/radio/CDs/internet

-deny rights to homosexuals in a very selective enforcement of the laws in Leviticus

I could go on but unfortunately for now, I need to get ready for a group meeting with our sociology professor regarding our final semester project.

guy, you have no understanding of biblical truth and comprehension. Without the spirit you might as well go read a comic book...so please stop trying to speak as if you have a quarem on the subject.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
Turn on Trinity Broadcasting Network and you get a nice sense of what the radical fringe insane religious Christian Taliban wants to do. 

Sad, but I used to watch 'virtual memory,' I think it was called, on that channel before I had cable in my room...Some sort of teen game show about the Bible...Sometimes there was cute California girls my age at the time on there...

Damn, that's way off topic. :unsure:

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
guy, you have no understanding of biblical truth and comprehension. Without the spirit you might as well go read a comic book...so please stop trying to speak as if you have a quarem on the subject.

Quoting Aliester Crowley -- People must feel very unsure of themselves if they have to insist angrily that their personal prejudices are the Immutable Decrees of the Almighty.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 12:40 PM)
Sad, but I used to watch 'virtual memory,' I think it was called, on that channel before I had cable in my room...Some sort of teen game show about the Bible...Sometimes there was cute California girls my age at the time on there...

lol that's funny. I actually have much distaste for the station myself. Dr. E.V. Hill makes me laugh the most though.... say his name 3 times fast... I mean, come on...that's a stage name, right? Dr...E...v...il?

There's one guy, joel, I think his name, he's out of the mega church from houston...I don't mind him that much.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 12:46 PM)
Quoting Aliester Crowley -- People must feel very unsure of themselves if they have to insist angrily that their personal prejudices are the Immutable Decrees of the Almighty.

I'm just angry that you're allowed to be a bigot...and I'm not. whatever.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)
lol that's funny. I actually have much distaste for the station myself.  Dr. E.V. Hill makes me laugh the most though....  say his name 3 times fast... I mean, come on...that's a stage name, right? Dr...E...v...il? 

There's one guy, joel, I think his name, he's out of the mega church from houston...I don't mind him that much.

That'd be Joel Osteen. One of the few that I don't mind on there either.

My personal favorite religious snake oil salesmen are Benny Hinn (he's really giving up everything to follow Christ with his $3 million beachfront parsonage on the beachfront) and James "I fought Spring Break in Florida and Lost" Kennedy. And who can forget Hal Lindsey who has made millions writing books about how each decade was the end time.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 12:48 PM)
I'm just angry that you're allowed to be a bigot...and I'm not. whatever.

I have a dislike for people who use a religion as a justification for bigotry and violence (i.e. gay bashing etc.) And just because you're not allowed, well it hasn't stopped you before.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 18, 2005 -> 12:40 PM)

sleepy, I told you to saty away from that reefer. :bang