Jake Westbrook

3E8

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 12:02 AM)
You predicted this?

Several people predicted the Tribe would struggle offensively. The thought process was that too many of them had career years last year. Personally, I think they'll pull out of it and put up some respectable numbers by the time it's all over.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 03:24 AM)
Several people predicted the Tribe would struggle offensively.  The thought process was that too many of them had career years last year.  Personally, I think they'll pull out of it and put up some respectable numbers by the time it's all over.

I still cannot see them competing for above third place.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)
They lost their sparkplug in Vizquel.  Peralta may be good one day, but Vizquel was the heart of that team.  Offensively and defensively.  They don't really have a veteran to lead them...and no Aaron Boone doesn't count.

Milwood is such a leader... :P ...just look at how he lead the Phillies to the playoffs for the last couple years. He was like Derek Jeter, but in the NL. :D Juan Gonzalez is a great leader too... :lol:

Millwood? It's kind of silly to rip him with how solid he's been. I don't hat eto say I told you so but I thought they needed a veteran bat liek they had in Thome. I don't really buy the career year theory just becaus ethey wre really young. I still expect 80 or more wins out of the Tribe. Millwood, Sabathia, and Westbrook will be solid enough to help them compete. Westbrook has like 0.5 runs per start for support which has to go up