Rondell White

aboz56

QUOTE(JimH @ May 2, 2005 -> 10:46 AM)
Rondell has a meaner look to him, that's for sure.

I would wager some experience as well. Garland, who I've been in a social setting with, seems like one to cry at a hangnail. JMO.. of course.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ May 2, 2005 -> 11:46 AM)
Which is it.. he had no intention of going at him.. or he pulled a "hold me back..."

:huh

It's the same thing, he had no intention of going at him hence he tried to act tough by acting as if he needed to be held back.

Had no one touched White, I guarantee he wouldn't have charged the mound.

And had he, he woulda been treated like Robin Ventura.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 2, 2005 -> 10:46 AM)
Which is it.. he had no intention of going at him.. or he pulled a "hold me back..."

He had no intention of actually going at Jon but pulled a hold me back so he looked like tough s***.

QUOTE(Steff @ May 2, 2005 -> 09:46 AM)

Isn't this a 'moot' point??? :huh

but if they were to tango...Garland has a reach advantage, so if he can effectively use his jab and stick and move I would give the edge to Garland. But if Rondell can get inside and use his uppercut swing as an advantage...I MEAN SERIOUSLY THIS IS MORONIC!!

Guess there must have been more to the "altercation" than I saw. I saw him point the bat and say what he wanted to say and return to the box. I don't understand why everyone came on the field anyway.

LMAO.. White would have gotten treated like Ventura.. that's funny. :lol:

Guest JimH

Garland (or the White Sox depending how you look at it) sent the message.

Sox pitchers still need to pitch a bit more aggressively inside, IMO. Just make the opposition batters move their feet a bit more often.

Some guys deserve to be dusted off ... a good example would be Torii Hunter. Most other guys, just make them move their feet and that should do the job.

I thought Garland handled it well after the game, saying it was nothing personal or nothing against the Tigers. He of course couldn't say he was sending a message but it was pretty obvious.

I don't blame Rondell White for reacting the way he did, nor do I blame him for not charging the mound. These guys don't really want to get suspended. Sometimes it's just as effective for the hitter to get all puffed up, yell a bit and make like you're willing to charge the mound. Personally I don't think White is afraid of much of anything, and I don't think he wants to put his team in a bad spot by starting a brawl and getting guys suspended. Especially since he commented that someone on his team was gonna get plunked.

White is a pro's pro, he knows it's part of the game. Just as Garland knows it is part of the game for White to yell and posture and puff out his chest.

Further, I have no doubt Garland would throw behind White again if the need arose. He's plunked guys before ... that part of being aggressive was never his problem.

QUOTE(sircaffey @ May 2, 2005 -> 12:18 PM)
A Tigers/White Sox brawl wouldn't be such a bad thing.  If you remember the last time that happened, we went on to lead the majors in wins...Ahh the memories of 2000....

I remember we were led by a Magglio Ordonez karate kick.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 2, 2005 -> 11:32 AM)
I think Willie would have kicked all of their asses.

NOW we're talking.

I actually said that exact same thing to my brother at the game yestderday.

I was just like, "Detroit's lucky Willie Harris wasn't there today or he would have kicked ALL their asses."

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 2, 2005 -> 10:32 AM)
I think Willie would have kicked all of their asses.

I completely agree...but he wasnt in attendance yesterday anyways, so we were in big trouble. No Willie = Detroit beatdown

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 2, 2005 -> 10:34 AM)
who is the one sox player past or present you'd send ot the mound? I want to say Frank but his agility would be in question. I'm going with Jose Valentin. It seems like he could mix it up if he had to

Bo Jackson, without a doubt