Best Sports Movie

SoxFan1

What is the best sports movie ever?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best sports movie ever?

• Hoosiers
    • Rudy
    • Major Leagues
    • White Man Can't Jump
    • The Fish Who Saved Pittsburgh
    • Brians Song
    • Rocky
    • Field of Dreams
    • The Rookie
    • Other (Post which one)

I loved the Rookie, but Major League's is #1 in my book! I adore Jobu, Rum, and Cigarettes. I also played in the California Penal League, I do an ole when I field, and I cant hit breaking balls, I am a horrible catcher, and I run like Hayes but hit like Mayes! :headbang

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Rocky, as I feel it's one of the best movies ever, let alone sports movies.

Stallone wrote an incredible script, and did an even better job of portraying "The Itallian Stallion". A subperb supporting cast of Talia Shire (Adrian), Burt Young (Paulie), Burgess Merideth (Mickey), and Carl Weathers (Apollo Creed) only made this movie all the more great.

4 stars, and like I said, one of the best movies ever made.

PS -- anyone who liked Rocky and hasn't seen it on DVD should either rent it or buy it and watch the movie with the commentary on. The number of lines/scenes in the movie that weren't in the script are amazing. Sometimes having a $1M budget turns out to be a good thing. :)

my top ten list

1. bad news bears

2. slapshot

3. waterboy

4. major league

5. pastime

6. eight men out

7. rocky

8. rudy

9. the replacements

10..and this is just for CW..the knute rockne story...have to get a ronald reagan movie in there  :lol:

Waterboy ahead of Rocky? :lol:

one of my favorite charecters was wilford brimley in the natural

some of his lines in that were great..when the guy tells him he lost it in the sun and he looks up and theres clouds everywhere...brimleys response "blinding"..lol

"i should have been a farmer red" :lol:

It has to be Slapshot. Major League is just Slapshot on grass.

Slapshot ownsssssssssss. ownsssssssssssss.

slapshot was the best..god that was a hillarious movie...have they made a collector's choice CD on that one yet??..id love to see some of the out takes on that movie

"you stupid you do dat...jus some english pig with no brains"

It has to be Slapshot. Major League is just Slapshot on grass.

Slapshot ownsssssssssss. ownsssssssssssss.

slapshot was the best..god that was a hillarious movie...have they made a collector's choice CD on that one yet??..id love to see some of the out takes on that movie

"you stupid you do dat...jus some english pig with no brains"

"you go to de box for two minutes ..you feel shame...den you get free"

Not the best sports movie ever, but "Caddyshack" ranks in the Top 10. Bill Murray is so money a Carl Spackler.

My personal faves are "Field of Dreams", "Major League", "Rocky", "Rudy" (why'd that little s*** have to go to Notre Dame?), and "Gladiator." Gladiating was sport back in the D..... A..... Y :headbang

my top ten list

1. bad news bears

2. slapshot

3. waterboy

4. major league

5. pastime

6. eight men out

7. rocky

8. rudy

9. the replacements

10..and this is just for CW..the knute rockne story...have to get a ronald reagan movie in there  :lol:

Waterboy ahead of Rocky? :lol:

he's a Republican, what are you expecting? :lol:

My favorite would be Bull Durham - just because I see something new everytime I see it to make me laugh -

looking at my collection of dvds and videotapes, not one sports movie in the group - sports movies just somehow are a bit too contrived for me - none of them has never actually captured the reality, the real tensions and excitment of actual sports events -

Not the best sports movie ever, but "Caddyshack" ranks in the Top 10. Bill Murray is so money a Carl Spackler.

My personal faves are "Field of Dreams", "Major League", "Rocky", "Rudy" (why'd that little s*** have to go to Notre Dame?), and "Gladiator." Gladiating was sport back in the D..... A..... Y  :headbang

forgot about caddyshack...thats a great movie too

"god damn kid will eat anything" :lol:

Hoosiers is the best sports movie ever, but maybe I am a little biased, after almost living that movie!

Did you play basketball for the Hoosiers or something?

In college I broadcast high school basketball for a very small HS team that almost got to state finals. They lost to the eventual state champions.