Bono disses Paul Martin on stage

southsider2k5

Someone told me this one in a club the other night:

Bono and the Edge are in a plane crash and end up standing in front of God, who is seated on his giant white throne. God asks them the same question: "Edge, tell me what you believe in." He responds, "I believe in Gibson guitars and in the fact that the world would be a much better place if we were alive to make more U2 records". God tells the Edge to take a seat at his right. "Now it's your turn, Bono", God says. "What do you belive in?" Bono replies, "I belive your sitting in my seat".

U2 still kicks ass.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 5, 2005 -> 01:50 PM)
Someone told me this one in a club the other night:

Bono and the Edge are in a plane crash and end up standing in front of God, who is seated on his giant white throne.    God asks them the same question: "Edge, tell me what you believe in." He responds, "I believe in Gibson guitars and in the fact that the world would be a much better place if we were alive to make more U2 records". God tells the Edge to take a seat at his right.  "Now it's your turn, Bono", God says.  "What do you belive in?" Bono replies, "I belive your sitting in my seat".

U2 still kicks ass.

:lol: :headbang

I'm using it.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 5, 2005 -> 09:52 AM)
Padding his bank account?

Getting the message out about world poverty, AIDS in Africa, etc.

I'm not saying he isn't making lots of $$$, but that's for his music. He's shedding light on some serious social problems. He really doesn't have to do that. I admire his commitment.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ May 5, 2005 -> 05:05 PM)
Getting the message out about world poverty, AIDS in Africa, etc.

I'm not saying he isn't making lots of $$$, but that's for his music.  He's shedding light on some serious social problems.  He really doesn't have to do that.  I admire his commitment.

I agree with you.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ May 5, 2005 -> 12:06 PM)
Bono originally endorsed Paul Martin and I'm happy Bono is trying to hold Martin to the standards he endorsed him on.

Unfortunately, Bono's "let's give all of the world's poor countries a ton of free stuff" standards are completely unrealistic. Bono has a great heart, but he has absolutely no idea how the real world functions.