05best sox team ever

Winnin Ugly

Which SOX team is the best  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which SOX team is the best

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ May 7, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
sox keep on rollin, cubs keep on losing...the sox have been the talk of the town. you know what would be messed up? if in the end the sox dont go to the playoffs and the cubs do.  :gosox1:

I'm seeing more articles and columns in the Chicago press about the Cubs losing streak than I am about the Sox winning streak.

QUOTE(knightni @ May 7, 2005 -> 04:19 PM)
There were holes in the 93,94,00 teams. The 05 team has its problems as well.

the 83 team won 99 games and was solid all around.

The 05 team has problems right now, but they are solid up and down. I believe I can say right now that they have no holes at all from top to bottom.

There are potential upgrades, but there are 6 atleast-serviceable guys in the pen, and there are like 2-4 good pitchers in there, whether or not you are counting Politte's hot start, or if you are also counting Shingo's slow start into that. It can still be upgraded though, because while someone mentioned that Billy Wagner would look good....you know what, people know I like him and want him in the pen, so I'm just not even gonna continue on with that thought. :)

Also, as about a bajillion people pointed out, it is May. This is probably the best Sox team ever after 30 games though, so atleast we have that going for us.

I wasn't old enough to witness the 59 and 83 teams, so I can only go by what I saw. That 1994 team was by far and away the best White Sox team i've ever seen. A deadly offense led by, at the time, the most dangerous hitter in the game. A lights out pitching staff. A solid bullpen. All the pieces were in place that year. GOD DAMN I WANT 1994 BACK! THAT f***IN STRIKE! :fyou

Edited by Jordan4life_2004