Skiles get screwed

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 10, 2005 -> 10:41 AM)
Uuuum, draft is different from FA. They also made the trade for Jimmy Jackson and drafted Leandrinho Barbosa.

I'm sorry to bring this up again, but this really got to me. Look who Phoenix drafted, Jackson Vroman, and he's not even on the team anymore. Chicago picked Gordon and Deng. Yes Phoenix has a better team because they have more superstars, but Chicago is deeper.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ May 9, 2005 -> 08:19 PM)
The Suns record>Bulls record so whats your point.  And Amare is not a top 5 player in the league.

amare had 40 pts and 16 rebounds tonight. I don't know who the top 5 nba players should be but, He is not far behind.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:19 AM)
I'm sorry to bring this up again, but this really got to me. Look who Phoenix drafted, Jackson Vroman, and he's not even on the team anymore. Chicago picked Gordon and Deng. Yes Phoenix has a better team because they have more superstars, but Chicago is deeper.

waaa waaa waaa Remember chicago was not deeper the last quarter of the season. Don't even say skiles had the edge because of players like pike, pargo, griffin ect. How did Phoenix do without nash? How did chicago do without Curry and deng? Chicago kept rolling to finish out the season. Phoenix plain out sucked without 1 player, Nash.

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:24 AM)
amare had 40 pts and 16 rebounds tonight. I don't know who the top 5 nba players should be but, He is not far behind.

No doubt. 26 and 9 boards during the season while playing out of position...

And this is only his 3rd season...

I wish Tyson and Eddy could have matured as players the way he has and continues to, but oh well...He did what I wish Tyson would do: Work on and really improve his jump shot. But then again, Tyson would be as good as Ben Wallace this year if he got the same minutes and is good enough to have been 1st-Team All-Defensive this year...

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:31 AM)
No doubt.  26 and 9 boards during the season while playing out of position...

And this is only his 3rd season...

I wish Tyson and Eddy could have matured as players the way he has and continues to, but oh well...He did what I wish Tyson would do: Work on and really improve his jump shot.  But then again, Tyson would be as good as Ben Wallace this year if he got the same minutes and is good enough to have been 1st-Team All-Defensive this year...

If you combine eddy's strengths and Tysons strengths, you still fall short of amare.

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:28 AM)
waaa waaa waaa  Remember chicago was not deeper the last quarter of the season.  Don't even say skiles had the edge because of players like pike, pargo, griffin ect.  How did Phoenix do without nash? How did chicago do without Curry and deng? Chicago kept rolling to finish out the season. Phoenix plain out sucked without 1 player, Nash.

103 points per game should be more than enough to win more than two out of seven games that nash was out. Not like they missed his defensive presence. No one's fault they are commited to defense zero percent.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:31 AM)
Maybe Gregg Popavich deserves more recognition too. How long was he without duncan?  A good coach keeps the ship sailing when a player goes down.  Even Miami did fine for the little time without shaq.

You're forgetting someone....

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:31 AM)
Tyson would be as good as Ben Wallace this year if he got the same minutes and is good enough to have been 1st-Team All-Defensive this year...

LOL I think Brendan Haywood and all his facials on Tyson would have something to say about that. Ethan Thomas may have a little to say too...

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:33 AM)
No one's fault they are commited to defense zero percent.

A good coach get's the team to play no matter what. You have the best damn record and one player goes down? So everyone gives up? Who is the leader of those guys? The coach of the year.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:39 AM)
I couldn't watch tonight's game and not think d'antoni deserved it...

Tonights win was impressive. But this is a season award. Do you really think that they would have lost with any other coach? Phoenix has some great players on that squad.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:41 AM)
Tonights win was impressive. But this is a season award. Do you really think that they would have lost with any other coach. Phoenix has some great players on that squad.

I just meant that tonight's game was was a sampler of how they played during the season. Would they be as good with a coach who emphasized defense a lot more? d'antoni recognized their strengths early on and ran with it. You can't fault a coach for the talent he has, only for what he does with it...

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:37 AM)
A good coach get's the team to play no matter what.  You have the best damn record and one player goes down?  So everyone gives up? Who is the leader of those guys? The coach of the year.

Their problem was not scoring points it was stopping the opposing teams score points.

103 points per game which would still be tied for first in the nba for points per game and win two out of seven games? No one to blame but the players playing defense. It is not like the player who replaced nash ( barbosa) is any worse of a defender than nash is.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:44 AM)
Their problem was not scoring points it was stopping the opposing teams score points.

103 points per game which would still be tied for first in the nba for points per game and win two out of seven games? No one to blame but the players playing defense. It is not like the player who replaced nash ( barborosa) is any worse of a defender than nash is.

That's silly. Their "problem" gave them the best record in the league, allowed them to dominate the first round, and they continue to do so with tonight's performance. How is winning a problem?

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:47 AM)
That's silly.  Their "problem" gave them the best record in the league, allowed them to dominate the first round, and they continue to do so with tonight's performance.  How is winning a problem?

I am saying when nash was out. Not now.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:44 AM)
I just meant that tonight's game was was a sampler of how they played during the season.  Would they be as good with a coach who emphasized defense a lot more?  d'antoni recognized their strengths early on and ran with it.  You can't fault a coach for the talent he has, only for what he does with it...

You will support anything suns because of steven Hunter and Q. :P

I pose a question for you. How would skiles do with suns ? How would D'antoni do with this year's bulls?

I just think that the gm for the suns is more to credit for building that offensive beast in phoenix.

Paxson did a great job bringing in the rookies for skiles, but C'mon how often do you see coaches win with a team as young as the bulls?

You see coaches win with the type of talent phoenix has all the time.

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 10, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
You  will support anything suns because of steven Hunter and Q.  :P

I pose a question for you. How would skiles do with suns ?  How would D'antoni do with this year's bulls?

I just think that the gm for the suns is more to credit for building that offensive beast in phoenix.

Paxson did a great job bringing in the rookies  for skiles, but C'mon how often do you see coaches win with a team as young as the bulls?

So if Johnny Davis coached the Suns they would still have the same record? I think not.

But Chicago's slow start wrecked all hope Skiles had of winning the coach of the year. Where would you put Nate McMillian into all of this as well?

QUOTE(rangercal @ May 10, 2005 -> 01:48 AM)
You  will support anything suns because of steven Hunter and Q.  :P

I pose a question for you. How would skiles do with suns ?  How would D'antoni do with this year's bulls?

Paxson did a great job bringing in the rookies  for skiles, but C'mon how often do you see coaches win with a team as young as the bulls?

:lol: Q had a good year. He's surprised every DePaul fan with his 3-point shooting.

Skiles is the better coach, in my opinion. He should have won it. I just like d'antoni better than some of the other names that were being mentioned. He's who I had in 2nd place.

LOL I think Brendan Haywood  and all his facials on Tyson would have something to say about that. Ethan Thomas  may have a little to say too...

Yeah, Tyson getting dominated by Ethan freaking Thomas was pretty disgusting. Tyson doesn't score much but at least he has that stellar defense.

Phoenix has:

an Mvp Point Guard Nash

2 4/5 star shooting guards Joe Johson, Q richardson

2 all star fowards stoudamire, Marion

a great 6th man off the bench Jim jackson.

skiles has:

4 rookies

1 hot/cold pg/sg hinrich

2 1 dimensional big men chandler and curry

and role players like harrington, Davis, Pargo, Pike, griffin

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 10, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
:lol: Q had a good year.  He's surprised every DePaul fan with his 3-point shooting.

Skiles is the better coach, in my opinion.  He should have won it.  I just like d'antoni better than some of the other names that were being mentioned.  He's who I had in 2nd place.

The thing is no-one thought Phoenix could play small - ball with only 6 good players all season and be sucessful. Gotta give some credit to the coach.