Beating the Easy Teams

Texsox

Tampa has a decent team, minus the rotation. Crawford is a nightmare at the top of the order.

Would be nice to see Jose C give us 7 strong innings, but he has the toughest pitching matchup in this series.

Yeah I don't consider Tampa a bad team. 2nd in AL in average...good speed at the top and a great manager. Their pitching is why they suck and to be honest any major league pitcher on any given day can just flat out get it done. So you will lose to teams like the D-Rays sometimes.

I truly believe the only real easy team we played so far was KC.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ May 10, 2005 -> 08:53 AM)
Yeah I don't consider Tampa a bad team.  2nd in AL in average...good speed at the top and a great manager.  Their pitching is why they suck and to be honest any major league pitcher on any given day can just flat out get it done.  So you will lose to teams like the D-Rays sometimes. 

I truly believe the only real easy team we played so far was KC.

No. The Devil Rays suck.

The Sox just lost.

Edited by southsider17

Tampa IS NOT a bad team, it's an often underestimated team.

They have one of the top offenses in the majors, and their pitching is the type that can be "ON or OFF" depending on the day, and if they are on like last night, watch out.

They are the AL's version of the Brewers, they can shut you down...or they can lose terribly.

Even if TB could be considered a bad team. It seems obvious that we are beating the bad teams this year. Our record is 24-8 people. During a baseball season you eventually lose games against everyone. When we start losing more often than not against teams like TB and KC then we can get concerned.

I dont know what you have been watching but Tampa Bay is far from a good team.. They are 12-21 and have pathetic pitching (team ERA of 5.94)

I just dont get how thats not a picture perfect example of bad team

QUOTE(T R U @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:18 AM)
I dont know what you have been watching but Tampa Bay is far from a good team.. They are 12-21 and have pathetic pitching (team ERA of 5.94)

Well, after their win last nite they are a .500 team at home. So they are a decent home team and a s***ty road team.

QUOTE(marsh @ May 10, 2005 -> 08:20 AM)
Well, after their win last nite they are a .500 team at home. So they are a decent home team and a s***ty road team.

Alright ill give you that, but IMO they are still a bad team and we should take 2/3 from them

QUOTE(T R U @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:21 AM)
Alright ill give you that, but IMO they are still a bad team and we should take 2/3 from them

I agree, that we should win series against tampa.

Edited by marsh

QUOTE(T R U @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:18 AM)

I think the kool-aid may be starting to take effect.

Even the Royals will beat good teams. They'll likely beat us once or twice this year, too (hopefully no more than that :pray ).

No need to start elevating teams just because they beat us.

QUOTE(southsider17 @ May 10, 2005 -> 08:22 AM)
I think the kool-aid may be starting to take effect.

Even the Royals will beat good teams.  They'll likely beat us once or twice this year, too (hopefully no more than that  :pray  ).

No need to start elevating teams just because they beat us.

I dont care that they beat us, just the fact is they are a bad team.. while people have so far tried to defend them saying they arent

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 10, 2005 -> 05:32 AM)
A couple years ago we had  alosing record to the Tigers as they lost over 100. It seems this team always struggles with what should be easier wins.

Yesterdays loss nonwithstanding I think we're doing a fine job beating up on the easier teams so far this year. Our record against KC, Detoilet and Cleveland speaks to that.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:28 AM)
Yesterdays loss nonwithstanding I think we're doing a fine job beating up on the easier teams so far this year.  Our record against KC, Detoilet and Cleveland speaks to that.

I don't think Detroit can be considered one of the "easier" teams.

Cleveland is now but I think that will change.

QUOTE(southsider17 @ May 10, 2005 -> 08:32 AM)
Sorry T R U.  Though I responded to you, I wasn't talking about you.

Yeah thats what I kinda thought, but even so.. Going 4 - 2 vs TB for the season is something that shouldnt be out of reach.. I expect us to beat them the next two, but 24-8 speaks for itself