2005 Winston Salem Update

Chisoxfn

2005 Winston Salem Update

By Trevor Seymour (FarmTeam)

May 10, 2005

FutureSox.com

The Winston Salem Warthogs are currently 16-15, putting them 2.5 games behind Southern Division leader Kinston. The Hogs are led by manager Chris Cron, pitching coach Andy Tomberlin, and hitting coach Sean Snedeker. The Warthogs don’t have any of FutureSox’s Top 10 prospects on the roster, a stark difference from last years club which had the entire Top 5 at one point or another (Brandon McCarthy, Brian Anderson, Ryan Sweeney, Josh Fields, Sean Tracey). However, they what looks to be a good pitching staff and have thus far got surprisingly good protection out of Chris Amador and sport one of the better infields in the Carolina league...MORE

Welcome Aboard Trevor!!!!

QUOTE(farmteam @ May 10, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)
Yeah, thanks.  However, it was pretty crappy--Jason made a lot of nice revisions (Thanks!).  I hope my future articles are a lot better, and I hope ya'll like them!

You'll get better once you get a feel for it. I remember that and dasox24 went through that last year. Just don't rely on Jason to edit your papers all the time, he's bad with grammar and rather untimely. ;)

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 10, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
You'll get better once you get a feel for it. I remember that and dasox24 went through that last year. Just don't rely on Jason to edit your papers all the time, he's bad with grammar and rather untimely. ;)

Ya, once you get a hang of it I can set it up where you can put them straight up. Farm, you had one thing pretty much perfect and that was grammar. I did everything I could to flat out stay away from it.

Really it was a nice job, especially for a first piece. Looking forward to more :)

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 10, 2005 -> 05:05 PM)
Ya, once you get a hang of it I can set it up where you can put them straight up.  Farm, you had one thing pretty much perfect and that was grammar.  I did everything I could to flat out stay away from it. 

Really it was a nice job, especially for a first piece.  Looking forward to more :)

It was definately better than the crap I wrote when I tried it for while :bang

Good job Farmio :)

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 11, 2005 -> 08:04 AM)

Don't forget the Aussie now. :P

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 13, 2005 -> 01:52 PM)
I can think of one thing you wrote and it was pretty good. Hard to see improvement when you've only done 1 thing. :P 2 maybe?

It was 2 or 3. I can't remember for sure.