MLB Mock Draft

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 11, 2005 -> 03:34 AM)
I noticed neither Drew nor Weaver made that list.  I figured the Yankees would take either one, if still available.

That was intentional.

They left them out because they have yet to sign with last year's clubs. It's in the introduction.

I'd like to see the sox sign a SS like Cliff Pennington, someone who can hit for avg, has speed and plays good defense

I like the "Baseball Analysts" take on him comparing him with Russ Adams.---------

"The least-known player of the group is Cliff Pennington, known as a scrappy player that impresses scouts and statheads alike. Pennington has great contact skills, runs well, and shows very good defense up the middle. What power he has shown this season is unlikely to transfer over much professionally, though he could very well be hitting 30 doubles a year in the Bigs. I might go as far to say that Pennington is the most likely of the group to be a league-average player across the board in the Majors, as Cliff looks to be everything Russ Adams was coming out of college. "

Edited by beck72

QUOTE(beck72 @ May 11, 2005 -> 10:30 AM)
I'd like to see the sox sign a SS like Cliff Pennington, someone who can hit for avg, has speed and plays good defense

I like the "Baseball Analysts" take on him comparing him with Russ Adams.---------

"The least-known player of the group is Cliff Pennington, known as a scrappy player that impresses scouts and statheads alike. Pennington has great contact skills, runs well, and shows very good defense up the middle. What power he has shown this season is unlikely to transfer over much professionally, though he could very well be hitting 30 doubles a year in the Bigs. I might go as far to say that Pennington is the most likely of the group to be a league-average player across the board in the Majors, as Cliff looks to be everything Russ Adams was coming out of college. "

I saw Pennington play last night, he looks pretty good

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 11, 2005 -> 07:30 AM)
Did you guys read the writeup.  Saying how the Sox are desperate for lefties.  Did they get the freaking memo...Sox drafted Lummy, Gio, Whisler, and Liotta last year.

That was the 1st thing that jumped out at me as well (as well as the M's taking Tulowitzki 3rd), so I wouldn't take much stock into this at all. I'd be happy if we took one of the SS's fell to us though, but it should be best player available of course.

QUOTE(T R U @ May 11, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
I saw Pennington play last night, he looks pretty good

From the sounds of it, he wouldn't be that far away from the bigs. If Pennington did come up fast, Uribe could move to 2b. Is he a switch hitter or just a LH batter?