Spend the money

C_LEE45

JR this team is in good shape NOw lets not let this get away go out and get us a BIG BAT NOW,iam tired of the so so player like J Dye ,Crazy Carl go out and get a SUPERSTAR hitter, like Abreu,Aubrey Huff or even Carl Crawford.Also i HOPE we seen the last of dingo Takatsu and iam ready for Mcarthy too, so its time KW tobring Mcarthy up and trade Dingo and conteras for a hitter :gosox1:

QUOTE(C_LEE45 @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:57 PM)
JR this team is in good shape NOw lets not let this get away go out and get us a BIG BAT NOW,iam tired of the so so player like  J Dye ,Crazy Carl go out and get a SUPERSTAR hitter, like Abreu,Aubrey Huff or even Carl Crawford.Also i HOPE we seen the last of dingo Takatsu and iam ready for Mcarthy too, so its time KW tobring Mcarthy up and trade Dingo and conteras for a hitter :gosox1:

Abreu you is too expensive. Huff is gonna be very expensive prospect wise. Crawford just signed a long term deal which means he is basically goinng no where.

The most likely fit out of those three would be huff by a long shot.

QUOTE(C_LEE45 @ May 10, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
JR this team is in good shape NOw lets not let this get away go out and get us a BIG BAT NOW,iam tired of the so so player like  J Dye ,Crazy Carl go out and get a SUPERSTAR hitter, like Abreu,Aubrey Huff or even Carl Crawford.Also i HOPE we seen the last of dingo Takatsu and iam ready for Mcarthy too, so its time KW tobring Mcarthy up and trade Dingo and conteras for a hitter :gosox1:

What is wrong with Contreras other than tonight? Yes, he walks alot, but other than tonight he's actually pitched better than expected. He's given up 2-3 runs each game which should be a quality start. He's not the reason we're losing. He's kept us in every game which is way more than any Sox fan expected at the beginning of the season. You keep Contreras. McCarthy isn't ready. Yes, he's leading AAA in K's(I heard that somewhere) but he's giving up alot of walks.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:08 PM)
You have to trade some good talent to get talent in return. This is not mvp baseball.

I wouldn't want to if the player is only going to be here for the rest of the season then leave after its done to test free agency( i think huffs contract is done after this season). If the player we got was staying 3+ years then it would be less painless.

Edited by sayitanitso

QUOTE(sayitanitso @ May 10, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
I wouldn't want to if the player is only going to be here for the rest of the season then leave after its done to test free agency( i think huffs contract is done after this season).  If the player we got was staying 3+ years then it would be less painless.

No.

Player PhotoAubrey Huff: 3-Year worth 14.5M- + receives a 500K signing bonus- will make 2.5M in 2004, 4.75M in 2005, and 7.5M in 2006 MLB Service: 4.003

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
What is wrong with Contreras other than tonight? Yes, he walks alot, but other than tonight he's actually pitched better than expected. He's given up 2-3 runs each game which should be a quality start. He's not the reason we're losing. He's kept us in every game which is way more than any Sox fan expected at the beginning of the season. You keep Contreras. McCarthy isn't ready. Yes, he's leading AAA in K's(I heard that somewhere) but he's giving up alot of walks.

WALKS, ya conteras walks to many 1 hit in an inning and got 3 runs cause he WALKS to many,and you should try to trade conteras while you can get something for him,and Shingo theres alot of people that would trade good players for him,cubs,giants,cardinals,just some teams,even if we do only get prospects then we can trade them to get a good hitter!!!!!!

QUOTE(C_LEE45 @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
WALKS, ya conteras walks to many 1 hit in an inning and got 3 runs cause he WALKS to many,and you should try to trade conteras while you can get something for him,and Shingo theres alot of people that would trade good players for him,cubs,giants,cardinals,just some teams,even if we do only get prospects then we can trade them to get a good hitter!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but you don't lose games by how many walks that have been given up in the game. You lose games by giving up runs. It's a proven fact. Look at the mlb.com. It'll say Runs in bold and the team with the lower amount loses. Contreras while walking people has gotten out of his jams for the most pasr this year(again, other than today). You're not going to get that out of anyone else you're going to be able to trade for. McCarthy is fairing no better with his walks in AAA.

As of now just because we lost 2 in a row doesn't mean we need to trade for another hitter. We still have Frank getting ready to return. Whether that'll help or hurt, who knows. But I know one thing, this team has gone out and gotten players in the middle of the season looking like an improvement at first, but still lose to the Twins anyways.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 10, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
I'm sorry, but you don't lose games by how many walks that have been given up in the game. You lose games by giving up runs. It's a proven fact. Look at the mlb.com. It'll say Runs in bold and the team with the lower amount loses. Contreras while walking people has gotten out of his jams for the most pasr this year(again, other than today). You're not going to get that out of anyone else you're going to be able to trade for. McCarthy is fairing no better with his walks in AAA.

Not giving runs up while issuing walks will only last so long. He hasn't had any really bg inning but if he keeps allowing walks at this rate the big innings will come sooner rather than later. Walking players doesn't automatically lose you the game but it makes the chance of losing that much greater.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
Not giving runs up while issuing walks will only last so long. He hasn't had any really bg inning but if he keeps allowing walks at this rate the big innings will come sooner rather than later. Walking players doesn't automatically lose you the game but it makes the chance of losing that much greater.

How many games has he lost by doing so so far?? 1. I'd take 1 out of every 6 starts any day of the week.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 10, 2005 -> 10:30 PM)
How many games has he lost by doing so so far?? 1. I'd take 1 out of every 6 starts any day of the week.

Chances of that holding up is slim. I hope so but it is doubtful. It is a known fact the more runners you let on the greater of a chance they have to score.

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 10, 2005 -> 09:38 PM)
Chances of that holding up is slim. I hope so but it is doubtful. It is a known fact the more runners you let on the greater of a chance they have to score.

When Contreras starts giving up 5 runs each game, I'll worry then. 3 or less is fine. Hell 4 is better than his career numbers.

Another post wanting Bobby Abreu. It's not going to happen.

To trade Aubrey Huff, Tampa will want a package better than the Scott Kazmir deal. That's Brian Anderson and Brandon McCarthy.

Carl Crawford? LMAO.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 10, 2005 -> 11:18 PM)
Another post wanting Bobby Abreu. It's not going to happen.

To trade Aubrey Huff, Tampa will want a package better than the Scott Kazmir deal. That's Brian Anderson and Brandon McCarthy.

Carl Crawford? LMAO.

I personally don't see why they would want Anderson, they have quite a few good young OF. McCarthy would definitely be involved, but I would think they would want more pitching prospects, or maybe Garland (not saying I'd do it, just saying they might).

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ May 11, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
I personally don't see why they would want Anderson, they have quite a few good young OF. McCarthy would definitely be involved, but I would think they would want more pitching prospects, or maybe Garland (not saying I'd do it, just saying they might).

It looks like they are going to trade Johnny Gomes (Kansas City there is the young corner outfielder you have been looking for). Lou Pinella can only want Alex Sanchez in his starting lineup for so long. Anderson could DH as well, so they'd probably find some room for him, or get another team involved. Can you imagine McCarthy and Jeff Nieminn? pitching in the same staff with Scott Kazmir a few years from now though?

I think we need bullpen help in the form of a dominant closer moreso than more offense. I think Frank will take care of the problem on offense with his OBP and hitting. Dye is sucking hardcore so once Frank is back, hopefully Everett will be able to play the corner outfield positions.

How do the Twins win? They have a lights-out bullpen. We need Billy Wagner so Marte and Hermanson can setup for him and Shingo and Vizcaino don't have to pitch as much in critical situations.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ May 10, 2005 -> 10:24 PM)
did tonights game count as 12 loses? because if not i believe we are still in first and i also believe the sox lost a series to the A's before this 8 game win streak. so maybe we can start another 8 game streak

It did count as 12 losses , I just heard it on espn. :crying

We have just lost a series, we still have a great record, up 3,5. But if you want someone to replace Dye, what about Cliff Floyd? Jose Guillen? Jose Guillen was FA in last offseason, and we sign Jermaine Dye... :banghead