What is with all the trash talk about Hawk and DJ?

TheBigHurt

Ok, I may be no baseball expert, but I have to ask why everyone disses them. I've heard things about D.J. not being very insightful. Well I have to disagree. He seems to know a lot about what he's talking about. he also happens to be pretty enthusiastic. Can't really say the same about Steve Stone. I dunno, maybe it's just his voice. Anyway, Hawk may be an old timer, but he's got a lot more spunk than a lot of more experienced announcers. And as far as insight goes, who can argue with the idea of insight behind Hawk? He has quite a lot of wisdom. Anyways, I see them as 2 fun announcers who know what they are talking about. Why all the hate?

BTW whats the email address to email them at Comcast Sports Net?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 12, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
Robin is getting better in the booth.  He was pretty funny tonight.  That email from the 11 year old kid about his brawl with Nolan Ryan was hilarious.

do you happen to know what inning that was in?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ May 12, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
Don't remember.  It was toward the middle of the game.  Hawk said that Robin put himself in a head-lock. :lol:

That was one of the most unforgettable moments in recent Sox history. I was laughing my ass off when that went down.

What year was that anyway? Wasn't it '93 or so?

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...

It was a pleasure listening to them in the booth tonight... :wub:

I'm amazed people would ever complain about Hawk and D.J. as if it really makes a difference when watching a game. If you're focused on the game, I don't see how they could ever bother you..

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 12, 2005 -> 09:55 PM)
Absence makes the heart grow fonder...

It was a pleasure listening to them in the booth tonight...    :wub:

I'm amazed people would ever complain about Hawk and D.J. as if it really makes a difference when watching a game.  If you're focused on the game, I don't see how they could ever bother you..

DJ just says dumb s*** every now and again. He's mildly annoying but that HR call of his is hilarious.

:D

Ventura is the s*** though. I really wish he could be with the Sox in some coaching capacity or another. I miss having him around as much as anyone else.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ May 12, 2005 -> 10:31 PM)
My favorite hawk line of all time is after a strikeout when he would say and he'll grab some bench. I like it way better than He gone. Unfortunately, He gone has stuck.

HE GAWN!!!! works for me. Its short & has a lot of punch to it. He doesn't say GASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS nearly as much though & thats one of my favorite Hawkisms.

Here's a blurb on Ventura from the Trib...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines

After a few days filling in for Ken "Hawk" Harrelson, former Sox third baseman Robin Ventura said he didn't believe television work is in his future.

"No, I don't think so," he said. "I don't mind filling in as a favor but not [full-time]."

Then how about coaching, especially with ex-teammate Ozzie Guillen?

"I'm not saying I'm ready for that either," he said. "It's just great to hang out [at the park], that would be a great job.

To show his respect for Ventura, Guillen was the catcher as his former infield partner threw out the ceremonial first pitch at U.S. Cellular Thursday.

Ventura is in his first season of retirement after two decades of playing for the Sox, Mets, Yankees and Dodgers. He hasn't found retirement all that hard.

"I miss parts of it," he said, "but there are a lot more parts that haven't been too bad."

hello all. great site you got here.

back in high school (grad. '04) I was good friends with a teacher and he was a diehard cubs fan like 90% of the McHenry county population and he could not stand Hawk. I could not stand Chip Carey. I brought up the point that Chip had no catch phrases. I think I was able to finally get him to respect Hawk.

my favorite phrase is "rack 'em up."

QUOTE(earthshiner @ May 13, 2005 -> 12:27 AM)
hello all.  great site you got here.

back in high school (grad. '04) I was good friends with a teacher and he was a diehard cubs fan like 90% of the McHenry county population and he could not stand Hawk.  I could not stand Chip Carey.  I brought up the point that Chip had no catch phrases.  I think I was able to finally get him to respect Hawk.

my favorite phrase is "rack 'em up."

Welcome. :gosox3: