Which Players have you met?

NCsoxfan

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
... and wouldnt talk to me or sign anything for me, and I wasnt even bothering him.

Isn't that an oxymoron? You were trying to talk to someone that didn't want to be talked to by a stranger and asking him to sign something for you...yet you weren't bothering him!?!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(heirdog @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
Lyle Mouton: Came equipped with his own posse of LSU guys that all sat around telling him how good he was and that he should get to play more.

Another time I was in a Chicago Bar in '96 or '97 (The Drink, I believe)

LMAO.. that is Lyle to a "T". When he was with Baltimore he was the same way.

The Drink was the ultimate Sox hang out in '97 and '98 along with the Hunt Club. Good times, good times...

Went to KC to see Kauffman Stadium ages ago. Stayed at the same hotel as the Sox.

-Ran into Ron Karkovice

-Was on the elevator with Greg Hibbard. Quiet.

-Also, met Tim Raines. Very friendly.

-Finally go the chance to ask Hawk the question I've been dying to know "Why do you call Warren Newson the Deacon?" His response "Because he looks like a preacher" :lol:

Met Ron Kittle in Spring Training when they were in Sarasota. Extremely friendly.

My mom met Andre Dawson and got his autograph for me.

At Soxfest:

I met Albert Belle the year he came here, seemed like a nice guy. I guess he was only a bad guy with the media.

Finally. Finally. Finally. Finally. After standing in line for 2 1/2 hours I got to meet my favorite Sox player of all-time. You guessed it.

Robin Ventura.

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

QUOTE(heirdog @ Nov 11, 2005 -> 02:32 PM)
Isn't that an oxymoron?  You were trying to talk to someone that didn't want to be talked to by a stranger and asking him to sign something for you...yet you weren't bothering him!?!

Background: we were in a united skybox for a hawks game, turned out Tony was in there too. We were standing next to each other and I greeted him. He signed the dude next to me's program and then told me no, I was polite and said thats ok, no problem, then he god mad, said NO MORE, and left where I was standing.