ozzie's e-mail

sec159row2

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 16, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
That's just wrong...

Why is that wrong? They said something like that on Friday's post game show (I think it was Friday - it was the only post game show I caught this weekend).

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 16, 2005 -> 02:07 PM)
Why is that wrong?  They said something like that on Friday's post game show (I think it was Friday - it was the only post game show I caught this weekend).

He can read English. I'm sure he can read it very well. You don't live in the U.S. as long as he has and get hired as a major league manager without being able to read English.

I'd have to hear it from Oz himself to believe it. Maybe he's pressed for time and needs help to read them all, or maybe he's using the slight language barrier as an excuse, which sometimes is done, but I highly doubt an e-mail from a fan would be so indecipherable for him that he would need assistance.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 16, 2005 -> 01:15 PM)
He can read English.  I'm sure he can read it very well.  You don't live in the U.S. as long as he has and get hired as a major league manager without being able to read English.

I'd have to hear it from Oz himself to believe it.  Maybe he's pressed for time and needs help to read them all, or maybe he's using the slight language barrier as an excuse, which sometimes is done, but I highly doubt an e-mail from a fan would be so indecipherable for him that he would need assistance.

why would have to learn english??? our government treats hispanics like the handicapped.. it seems everything is written in english and spanish... look at marriotti he's still learning english as a second language, because s*** usually comes out of his mouth..

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 16, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)
Why did they post his e-mail? I hope it's a "public" one and not one he uses to talk with his friends and family with. I don't get it

It's not

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 16, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)
Why did they post his e-mail? I hope it's a "public" one and not one he uses to talk with his friends and family with. I don't get it

He originally only got emails from people in Venezuela on that email address so I'd assume that it was the email that he gave out to people in his home country. Some columnist other than Morrissey recently published this email address in an American media source and now he's getting tons of emails from America as well. He said that he didn't mind all the extra emails but that he prefers to get the emails in Spanish.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 16, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
He can read English.  I'm sure he can read it very well.  You don't live in the U.S. as long as he has and get hired as a major league manager without being able to read English.

I'd have to hear it from Oz himself to believe it.  Maybe he's pressed for time and needs help to read them all, or maybe he's using the slight language barrier as an excuse, which sometimes is done, but I highly doubt an e-mail from a fan would be so indecipherable for him that he would need assistance.

There was a quote about this in the tribune article where the email addie was listed.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 16, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
WTF?

Somewhat of an ignorant comment, don't you think?

sorry if it was offensive,... I didn't mean it as a insult to hispanics, but to our government that requires everything in spanish... I think hispanics are intelligient enough to understand english, our government doesn't...