Danny Graves designated for assigment

JDsDirtySox

"Reds promote LHP Randy Keisler

RHP Danny Graves designated for assignment"

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...t=.jsp&c_id=cin

CINCINNATI - The Cincinnati Reds today selected from Class AAA Louisville the contract of LHP Randy Keisler and designated for assignment RHP Danny Graves.

Keisler will be in uniform number 57 for tonight's 7:10 p.m. game against the Washington Nationals.

Keisler, 29, has spent the entire season at Louisville and went 3-2 with a 2.98 ERA and 1 save in 9 appearances, including 7 starts. He held opponents to a .235 batting average (48.1ip, 43h, 17r, 16er, 12bb, 41k, 6hr). He last pitched Friday at Buffalo, started and suffered the 4-2 Bats loss (6.2ip, 5h, 4er, 3bb, 3k, 1hr).

Keisler was named International League Pitcher of the Week for April 18-24 after going 1-0 with a 1.74 ERA in 2 starts (10.1ip, 10h, 2r, 2er, 5bb, 13k).

Graves, 31, this season for the Reds went 1-1 with a 7.76 ERA and 10 saves in 20 relief appearances. He posted an ERA of 11.00 in 10 appearances in May, including a 30.38 ERA in his last 3 games.

I could see the Flubs trying to sign Graves if no team claims him and he becomes a free agent.

Maybe his arm is injured...

http://www.daytondailynews.com/search/cont...y/0523reds.html

When Graves came to the dugout and paced, a fan who could see into the dugout screamed at him. Graves swore back and flipped the proverbial bird.

Asked about it, Graves said, "That's not an issue. I don't concern myself with it. I addressed the fan issue a couple weeks ago and it got blown completely out of proportion."

And Graves got blown completely out of the water ... again.

Asked if he wondered about his immediate future as the club's closer, Graves said, "I'm not worried about losing my job or getting released. That's not my decision, that's up to the staff and management.

"I have 182 career saves and I know how to do this job," he added. "It has been a struggle for a while now and I can't figure it out. I have no answers. Too often lately my stuff is not there and it's no fun going out there and not being able to do the job."

Graves admits his velocity is down, has been for three years, from 92 to 93 miles an hour to 86 and 87 miles an hour.

"We have to evaluate, see if there is a flaw in my mechanics," he said. "Health-wise, I'm great and that's what baffles me. Is there a flaw in my delivery? Why is my velocity down? Maybe it's because I'm getting older."

Graves is even more worthless as a closer than Shingo if he's only throwing 86 - 87 mph. :puke Shingo can throw that hard and he at least has the frisbee. Graves must have "Billy Koch" syndrome.

Edited by Jabroni

and just a couple days ago he was calling dangelo jiminez a cancer...

the pot calling the kettle black?????

speaking of dangelo.... sorry to get off the topic of this thread...

d'angelo = uribe... ??? just seems they both could/are good.. just have spells of laziness...