A Sox trade brewing....

beck72

QUOTE(JimH @ May 26, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)
Yankees, Jaret Wright.

OOPS ... they paid him a lot more.

I'm sure there are other examples.  Thanks for playing though.

Wade Miller - Boston

Kris Benson - New York

Woody Williams - San Diego

Odalis Perez - Los Angeles

David Wells - Boston

And of course some other WONDERFUL FA SP that were signed include;

Eric Milton - Cincinatti

Russ Ortiz - Arizona

Al Leiter - Florida

Paul Wilson - Cincinatti

Hook, line and Sinker.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 27, 2005 -> 12:43 AM)
PLease show me the post where I said that..Keep trying Russ Ortiz is the only bust pitcher I had mentioned.

Speak and you shall receive;

I am if we could have gotten him for the same price we be wasting on Wright.

And when Wright does make it out of June with an injury, and it is done for the season. I take the 5 inning pitcher all year any day of the week.

Why are we not looking to get Leiter instead? I would pay for a guy with a better track record than have Wright on this team. I mean I see wright as this years version of Ponson.

I just don't understand why we are throwing money at Wright for one good year. I would rather have Leiter for the 2 years (if he would come here) as an leadership type role on the staff. Might even be able to help Marky become a better pitcher.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 26, 2005 -> 08:52 AM)
May I add ... PLEASE!

Nothing hurts a fan base more than this negative attitude second guessing a first place team. The inability to enjoy the success and the fun that comes along with winning cant dent this guy's terrible outlook on life. So so sad :crying

On a lighter note, lets keep the west coast run going!!!

Im sure Kenny has something up his sleeve for us in the next month, and I am excited to see what happens.

Speak and you shall receive;

OO yeah Now I remember, thanks for pointing out How much of fools you all are..

You guys wanted Jaret Wright.. :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

Thank for proving that most of you guys have no idea how to run a front office, unless its on your PS2 or Xbox's...

Thanks for playing, lets see who ANthrax can make look like the bigger fool

This weeks winner...

RockRaines

Tell Him what he has won

Rock's prize, maybe next week he won't be a winner after reading it.

That's it I want to thank everyone for playing and trying so hard, but this week is at and end.

Edited by AnthraxFan93

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 27, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)

You guys wanted Jaret Wright..  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting

Thank for proving that most of you guys have no idea how to run a front office, unless its on your PS2 or Xbox's...

This weeks winner...

RockRaines

Tell Him what he has won

That's it  I want to thank everyone for playing and trying so hard, but this week is at and end.

At the time would you have taken Jaret Wright over Orlando Hernandez?

I would like to see where I wanted Jared Wright,but as I said before I have been wrong on several issues, especially Garland, being a man, I can admit it. But an early exit for Anthrax means more intelligent posts by all, I think we are all winners today!

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 26, 2005 -> 10:06 AM)

You guys wanted Jaret Wright..  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting

This weeks winner...

RockRaines

Tell Him what he has won

That's it  I want to thank everyone for playing and trying so hard, but this week is at and end.

Why don't you just shut up for a change. Your act is not appreciated here at all. Everytime you get on one of your rants, you have 35 different people telling you that you don't have a lick of common sense nor baseball knowledge, yet you continue to insist that you are right. You are the most egotistical poster I have have seen around here and 99.99999% of the time you show just how ignorant you are. Do us all a favor and just go away.

Guest JimH
I would like to see where I wanted Jared Wright,but as I said before I have been wrong on several issues, especially Garland, being a man, I can admit it. But an early exit for Anthrax means more intelligent posts by all, I think we are all winners today!

He loves doing the hit and run, it makes him feel much better about himself ... which he needs.

Captain Xbox must be on the phone surveying all the GM's who "are laughing at the $4M salary the White Sox gave" El Duque.

Or out talking to scouts, and getting juicy insider quotes that Williams is in over his head.

Or stealing everyone else's lines.

Hey headbanger, err, Anthrax ... need any help getting that new site of yours up?

Anything to hasten your departure.

Oh, and ... thanks for playing, you lose.

Edit: Oh, and tell us more about how the White Sox should've gone after Al Leiter, headbanger. He only wanted to play in New York or Florida, guess what, he ended up in Florida. Didn't all your scouting contacts tell you about that??? :lolhitting

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ May 27, 2005 -> 01:12 AM)
I would have taken neither...Wright had one good  year in Atlanta, and Herandez, is to injury prone..I still say we should have went after either Clement or Lowe.. Groundball pitchers something needed at the Cell.

How ironic;

WHy are we wasting money yet again? Clement is not worth the Money..
Clement we will regret