NBA Draft Lottery

Won by Milwaukee. Portland also moves up.

1. Milwaukee

2. Atlanta

3. Portland

4. New Orleans

5. Charlotte

6, Utah

7. Toronto

8. New York

9. Golden State

10. LA Lakers

11. Orlando

12. LA Clippers

13. Charlotte (from Cleveland)

14. Minnesota

Edited by Credepopsup

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(backman @ May 24, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
Does anyone know if it is a possibility for T.J. Ford to come back next year? Or at least when will he be back!

I think there's a good shot he comes back.

With Ford, and now possibly Bogut and if they resign Redd they could easily be a low seed in the East.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 24, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
I think there's a good shot he comes back.

With Ford, and now possibly Bogut and if they resign Redd they could easily be a low seed in the East.

milwaukee could be a pretty good team depending on who they pick in the draft, and they definitely need a big man on their team

QUOTE(backman @ May 24, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
A couple people have Milwaukee taking Williams first. Personally I think they would be better off with a big man like Bogut

they would be, i think im the only one who doesnt like bogut and thinks he will be a flop in the nba

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ May 24, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)
Speaking of the draft, are we going to have a draft board also? Or is it going to be a thread on here, anyone thought about it yet?

Draft board sounds good. Then we can post articles and snippets about some players teams are working out, how players stock are raising/decling, etc...

You can't go wrong with Marvin at #1. He's as young or younger than most of the high schoolers in the class and will make the biggest impact of any of the high schoolers. Marv also has as good of a work ethic as any in the draft. I don't see Milwaukee passing on Marv, but then again I'm a little biased with him :P

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ May 24, 2005 -> 11:04 PM)
What's so bad about Marvin?

He's not that great a fit for Miluakee. Of Miluakee's players that are back, two of the credible players are Desmond Mason and Joe Smith, who normally play William's two best positions. It's possible that Mason could move to SG if Redd leaves, but it seems that the Bucks would be making the smart move by taking the best big man that they could get. Another factor is that the Bucks need some immediate help, which Bogut would be more likely to provide. That would leave them with a core of Williams/Ford at the point, Mason on the wing, Smith at PF, and Bogut at C. Then if Redd were to return, that'd be a team that could compete in the East.

Nothing against Marvin, I like him a lot and I think he will be the better player in the long run. I just think that Miluakee would be better served taking Bogut, and teams usually lean towards centers and power forwards in the draft.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

Bogut would be a nice 1st pick also, I'm just hoping Marvin doesn't end up in Portland, :puke

That and I would love to see Milwaukee on the break with Ford running the show and Mason and Marvin on the wings, that would be NICE. They can match NJ in the run and gun don't talk about big men style :-).

The bucks want to contend sooner rether than later. While williams may be the better player in the long run he would just not contribute on a team like the bucks, as zoom as already stated. I honestly see it taking williams two to three years to develope into a really good player. He is extremely raw at this point, but the talent is there.

Last year proved that the number one pick can still be a surprise the noght of so I imagine there will be changes in thought this year too. I think Bogut is the next Brad Miller which is not an insult. He'll be a great passer as a big man and a solid player. Not really a uber-star but he'll be good.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 25, 2005 -> 12:53 AM)
Last year proved that the number one pick can still be a surprise the noght of so I imagine there will be changes in thought this year too. I think Bogut is the next Brad Miller which is not an insult. He'll be a great passer as a big man and a solid player. Not really a uber-star but he'll be good.

Lasts years pick was shocking? If you say so.