Josh Paul sent down to AAA

chunk23

Both AA and AAA rosters have to be trimmed from 24 to 23 by early May.  Plus, a promotion or two from Birmingham to Charlotte and several guys on the DL that will need to come off.

Ah, glad you explained that. I was thinking you had some insight on some moves with the ML roster.

Both AA and AAA rosters have to be trimmed from 24 to 23 by early May.  Plus, a promotion or two from Birmingham to Charlotte and several guys on the DL that will need to come off.

Ah, glad you explained that. I was thinking you had some insight on some moves with the ML roster.

That I might too........... ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1

let the games begin..............i cant wait to see the outcome of this one........we are so full in some positions and so lax in others its gonna be very interesting to see who stays and who goes where............

Sanders didn't look too bad for his first time up.  Didn't give up any runs and seemed to have pretty decent control of his pitches.  Will be interesting to see what will be going on in the next few weeks, especially in CF.

i saw sanders pitch in ST..bigtime fan of his...it was only one inning but i was trying to compare his st uff t o kelly wunsch's because i figured he was battling kelly for the lefty spot...his stuff is much better than kelly's...doesnt mean he will be a better pitcher than kelly..but he has the tools to be..now its up to him...but i felt he should have gotten the last spot if we took 12 pitchers..be real interesting to see what happens when danny comes back :huh:

Bringing up another lefty in time for the Twins and A's is just a good move. JP will need to get some playing time or he will be totally useless to anyone, which is probably why no one claimed him of waivers. A couple of teams were poised to claim him at the end of ST, but his idle time has made him to big of a risk to put on someone's ML roster now.

Bringing up another lefty in time for the Twins and A's is just a good move.  JP will need to get some playing time or he will be totally useless to anyone, which is probably why no one claimed him of waivers.  A couple of teams were poised to claim him at the end of ST, but his idle time has made him to big of a risk to put on someone's ML roster now.

whats nice is if josh clears waivers then we got him all year..he can bounce up and down between the majors and minors without a threat of losing him

Guest hotsoxchick1
Bringing up another lefty in time for the Twins and A's is just a good move.  JP will need to get some playing time or he will be totally useless to anyone, which is probably why no one claimed him of waivers.  A couple of teams were poised to claim him at the end of ST, but his idle time has made him to big of a risk to put on someone's ML roster now.

whats nice is if josh clears waivers then we got him all year..he can bounce up and down between the majors and minors without a threat of losing him

or we can just trade him for something more useful............maybe some good offense for birmingham????? ;)

or we can just trade him for something more useful............maybe some good offense for birmingham????? ;)

well , if we still had MJ im sure josh would be gone...we kinda need him around right now..we could trade him as long as inthat trade we got another catcher with ML experience who could sit at AAA waiting for sandy knees to give out

lets work a deal with josh and maybe one of our many lefty relievers in the org for jamal strong from the seattle org..fastest man in baseball :)